Latest Edition of Doing Business in Canada: Available Now
Developed by our leading lawyers across key industry and practice groups, the latest edition of Doing Business in Canada provides a comprehensive overview of relevant laws and regulations that affect international investors pursuing Canadian business opportunities. The updated guide includes chapters with overviews of critical areas such as:
- Government Relations: providing insights into government relation strategies and highlighting areas of notable interest, particularly relationships with Indigenous Peoples and the Canadian system of environmental assessment (EA).
- International Trade and Investment: highlighting the requirements for importing goods and agreements that impact international trade and investment, with new commentary on The North American Free Trade Agreement/Canada United States Mexico Agreement, the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement, the Canadian Free Trade Agreement and the Defence Production Act.
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring: providing a breakdown of the federal legislation that controls all bankruptcy and insolvency matters, including commentary on the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA) and Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA).
- Business Immigration: covering topics of working in Canada including permits and exemptions, employer obligations towards foreign nationals and permanent residents and inadmissibility.
- Employment: detailing the provincial legislation which governs all employers operating in Canada.
- Foreign Investment Law and National Security: detailed look at the foreign investment review and notification requirements under the Investment Canada Act (ICA) and review of thresholds applicable to direct acquisitions of control of a Canadian business by foreign investors.
Doing Business in Canada
Authors include: Sven Milelli, Oliver Borgers, Michele Siu, Robert Hanson, Jonathan See, Ana Badour, Shauvik Shah, Patrick McCay, Wendy Brousseau, Christopher Hubbard, Katherine Booth, Adam Ship, Paul Galbraith, Jim Janetos, Morgan Troke, Bryn Gray, Alfred Macchione, Dan Glover, Benjamin Lai, Charles Morgan, Emily Hutchinson, Stéphane Duval, John Boscariol, Robert Glasgow, Trevor Lawson, Joanna Rosengarten, Kosta Kalogiros, James Gage, Awanish Sinha, Adam Goldenberg, Ranjeev Dhillon and Rami Chalabi.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault LLP provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres as well as in New York City and London, UK.
Built on an integrated approach to the practice of law and delivery of innovative client services, the firm brings its legal talent, industry insight and practice experience to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.
– 30 –