Paul’s reputation for superior service and technical expertise produces exceptionally high client satisfaction ratings.
Paul Galbraith is a partner in our Real Property and Planning Group in Toronto and is a widely-acknowledged expert on syndicated lending. Paul’s clients benefit from his unparalleled level of experience in the construction and development space.
Clients turn to Paul for his leadership and advice in respect to their high profile syndicated lending work. Paul has successfully advised several lending groups on their projects within the condominium, hotel and retail industries. Some of his experience incudes CIBC Square (81 Bay Street, Toronto), Nobu Toronto, Four Seasons Private Residences, Shangri-La Toronto, Eau Du Soleil, Time and Space, The Social, Aura, Scala, The Well, Brio, Rodeo Drive Condos, 357 King West, Aquabella at Bayside, ICE 2, Hullmark Centre, Massey Tower Condos, Monde, Yonge + Rich, YC Condos, 10 York, Aquavista at Bayside, Aqualina at Bayside, 300 Front Street, Gibson Square, The Madison, Karma, Alto & Parkside at Atria, Trio at Atria, Parfait at Atria, Studio on Richmond, Minto Yorkville Park, Fabrik, 365 Church, Beacon Condos, Lago, CORE, TeaHouse, Dwell, Heron’s Hill and Cinema Tower.
In addition to syndicated lending work, Paul provides strategic and pragmatic advice to mid and large scale bilateral secured lending transactions, acquisitions and divestitures, commercial and industrial development projects, stock/share purchase transactions, and commercial leasing. Paul has acted as lead counsel on the following:
- $2-billion acquisition of a 23 property office tower portfolio
- $650-million wind/solar energy financing secured by multiple Ontario projects
- Counsel to the lender providing financing for the $578MM acquisition of Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. by Baybridge Seniors Housing Trust
- $330-million stock purchase sale transaction involving four European hospitality properties
- Term financing of the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto
- $300-million revolving operating facilities secured by mortgage pool assets in Canada and US
- $280-million operating facility secured by properties in 6 provinces
- $250-million unsecured operating facility to major Canadian REIT
Paul holds a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from the University of Calgary (1998), a master’s degree from the University of Cambridge in philosophy (2000) and a master’s degree from the University of Cambridge in mathematical logic (2002). He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Toronto in 2005 and was called to the Ontario bar in 2006.
Paul is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, Canadian Bar Association, and the Ontario Bar Association.
Awards & Rankings
Leading Lawyer: Real Estate: Ontario
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Project Finance and Property Development
Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading Lawyer: Real Estate Law