Disponible en anglais seulement
Known for her reputation as an exceptionally skilled lawyer, Alyson has more than 25 years of experience navigating clients through their most significant transactions
Alyson Goldman is a partner in the Business Law Group, located in the firm’s Calgary office.
Her practice focuses on securities and corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, shareholder activism and corporate governance.
With expertise in the energy sector, Alyson has an extensive corporate and securities practice covering M&A and corporate finance, including public and private offerings of debt and equity securities. With more than 25 years of capital markets experience, Alyson has acted for both issuers and underwriters and as lead counsel on several complex securities and corporate law matters, successfully helping clients navigate their most significant deals.
Alyson is on the Board of the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation, with whom she also serves as the Chair of the Governance Committee and a member of the Finance and Audit Committees.
Alyson is a member of the Alberta Bar Association, the Law Society of Alberta, the Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association and the Calgary Bar Association. As a Chartered Financial Analyst (2002), Alyson is a member of the Calgary CFA Society. She also earned her ICD designation in 2019.
- Counsel to NewAlta Corporation in the $1 billion merger with Tervita Corporation, a Canadian environmental solutions provider, in a stock swap transaction completed by way of Plan of Arrangement
- Counsel to Canyon Services Group Inc. in the $637 million acquisition by Trican Well Service Ltd.
- Counsel to Savanna Energy Services Corp. in the defense of a hostile takeover bid by Total Energy Services Inc.
- Counsel to PrairieSky Royalty Ltd. in a $289 million public offering of 9,200,000 common shares
- Counsel to the underwriters in Suncor Energy Inc.'s offering of US$750 million 4% notes due November 2047
- Counsel to Petrus Resources Ltd. in the $30 million disposition of its oil and natural gas interests in the Peace River area of Alberta to Rising Star Resources Ltd.
- Counsel to Peyto Exploration & Development Corp. with respect to a private placement of $100 million senior unsecured notes and a public offering of 5,390,625 common shares for $172.5 million
- Counsel to the underwriters in Seven Generations Energy Ltd.'s public offering of 30,705,000 subscriptions receipts for gross proceeds of $747,666,750
- Counsel to the underwriters in Enerplus Corporation's $200 million public offering of 29,000,000 common shares
- Counsel to PrairieSky Royalty Ltd. in $1.8 billion acquisition of royalty assets from Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- Counsel to PrairieSky Royalty Ltd. in a $680 million private placement of 27,000,000 subscription receipts
- Counsel to the underwriters in Crescent Point Energy Corp.'s $600 million public offering of 21,060,000 common shares
- Counsel to Peyto Exploration & Development Corp. with respect to a $172.5 million bought deal offering of 5,037,000 common shares, including 657,000 common shares issued pursuant to the exercise in full of the over-allotment grated to the underwriters
- Counsel to Triwest Capital Partners and Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund in connection with the acquisition of a majority interest in NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Corporation
- Counsel to the Underwriters in the 2014 initial public offering of PrairieSky Royalty Ltd. of 59,800,000 common shares for a total of $1.67 billion conducted by way of secondary offering by Encana Corporation
- Counsel to Baytex Energy Corp. in its $1.5 billion public offering of 38,433,000 subscription receipts
- Counsel to the underwriters in Canexus Corporation's public offering of $115,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 6.00% convertible unsubordinated Series V debentures
- Counsel to the underwriters in connection with Kelt Exploration Ltd.'s $111,600,000 private placement of 11,500,000 common shares
- Counsel to Progress Energy Resources Corp. in the $5.2 billion acquisition by PETRONAS, the Malaysian national oil company
- Counsel to the Underwriter in the $345 million public offering of 14,708,500 common shares of Enerplus Corporation
- Counsel to the underwriters in Crescent Point Energy Corp.'s $604 million public offering of 13,351,000 shares
Leading Lawyer: Corporate Commercial (Alberta) (2017 – 2022)
The Legal 500 Canada
Leading Lawyer: Corporate and M&A (2018, 2019); Capital Markets (2018 – 2022)
Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Corporate Mid-Market; Corporate Finance & Securities; Mergers & Acquisitions; Corporate Commercial Law; Energy (Oil & Gas)
Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada
Corporate Finance and Securities (2014, 2015, 2018 – 2020)
Lexpert Special Edition: Energy
Who’s Who Legal: Canada
Capital Markets (2018)
Lexpert’s Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada (2013-2017)
Lexpert Special Edition: Corporate (since 2013)
Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A
IFLR1000: Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms
Notable Practitioner: Capital Markets: Debt , Capital Markets: Equity, M&A, Energy, Oil & Gas
Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading Lawyer: Securities Law
Best Lawyers in Canada
Lawyer of the Year: Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Best Lawyers in Canada
Lawyer of the Year: Corporate Law