Disponible en Anglais seulement
Wendi Locke is a partner in our Business Law Group in Toronto and a member of the firm's Board of Partners. She advises on a broad range of corporate and securities law matters, including corporate governance and compliance issues, and focuses on providing practical, results oriented solutions to clients on a cost-efficient basis.
Wendi regularly acts on both public and private offerings of equity and debt securities in Canada, with an emphasis on initial public offerings, medium term note programs and the issuance of capital securities by financial institutions. She frequently acts on behalf of Canadian issuers in connection with cross border securities offerings into jurisdictions such as the United States, United Kingdom and Australia.
Wendi represents both national and international clients in various industries, with a particular focus on the financial services, real estate and technology sectors.
RECENT TRANSACTIONAL EXPERIENCE
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with eight public offerings of non-viability contingent capital preferred shares and four public offerings of non-viability contingent capital subordinated medium term notes;
- Slate Office REIT in connection with its $50 million public offering of units and $80 million public offering of subscription receipts;
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the establishment of its US$20 billion US Commercial Paper Programme and renewal of its US$20 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme;
- The dealers in connection with the initial public offering of Starlight U.S. Multi-Family (No. 5) Core Fund;
- Timbercreek Mortgage Investment Corporation in connection with its amalgamation with Timbercreek Senior Mortgage Investment Corporation by way of plan of arrangement;
- Timbercreek Financial Corp. in connection with its public offering of $46 million aggregate principal amount of convertible unsecured subordinated debentures;
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in connection with the renewal of its US$20 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme;
- Constellation Software Inc. in connection with its rights offering to purchase up to $200 million of unsecured subordinated debentures;
- Slate Retail REIT in connection with its $50 million public offering of units;
- The underwriters in connection with the $90 million US cross-border public offering of common shares by Mitel Networks Corporation;
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the establishment of its US$20 billion US Senior Medium Term Note Program;
- The underwriters in connection with the $300 million public offering of subscription receipts by EnerCare Inc.;
- The underwriters in connection with the $150 million public offering of common shares and $75 million public offering of extendible convertible unsecured subordinated debentures of Northland Power Inc.
Wendi is also an instructor for the Chartered Director Program offered by The Directors College and teaches the advanced securities law programs offered by the University of Western Ontario and University of Windsor law schools.
Wendi received her BA (Public Administration) from the University of Western Ontario in 1995, her B.Comm. (Hons.) from the University of Windsor in 1997 and her combined MBA/LLB from the University of Windsor in 2000.
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Corporate Finance & Securities
Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A
Lexology Client Choice Awards
Capital Markets, Ontario
Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading Lawyer: Securities Law
IFLR1000: Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms
Highly Regarded: Capital Markets