Disponible en Anglais seulement
Known for her personal and practical approach, clients look to Isabel’s extensive market knowledge to get the deal done
Isabel Henkelman is a Partner in McCarthy Tétrault’s Real Property and Planning Group in Toronto where she maintains a broad real estate practice with a focus on complex commercial transactions involving the purchase, sale, financing and development of a wide variety of real estate assets for a range of clients including pension funds, private equity funds, REITs and developers. Isabel also has extensive experience in the real estate private equity, fund and joint venture space (including structuring joint ownership arrangements via limited partnerships, joint ventures and co-ownerships) and regularly advises on real estate aspects relating to mergers and acquisitions. Her clients benefit from her wealth of knowledge in a range of commercial real property matters, and her ability to provide practical advise on all aspects of a real estate transaction.
Her recent experience includes advising:
- British Columbia Investment Management Corporation and QuadReal Property Group, in their joint venture with RBC GAM Inc. and the first closing of the RBC Canadian Core Real Estate Fund, which attracted over $1.25 billion in equity commitments from institutional and individual investors
- Diamond Corp. in the establishment of Whitecastle New Urban Fund 5
- Graywood in the establishment of Graywood Funds VI, VII, VIII and IX
- Marlin Spring in the establishment of Marlin Spring Development Fund
- Brookfield Asset Management in the C$4.3 billion acquisition of Enercare Inc. by Brookfield Infrastructure Partners
- Slate Canadian Real Estate Opportunity Fund I, a fund sponsored by Slate Asset Management, a leading private equity firm in the real asset space, in its C$1.14 billion acquisition of a portfolio of properties from Cominar REIT
- Stelco Inc. in the re-acquisition of Hamilton and Nanticoke lands and restructuring of OPEB funding obligations
- Carttera Private Equities in the close of Urban Intensification Fund 3 and in the development of 65 King Street East in Toronto, Ontario, including related land assembly
- Concert Properties in the creation of a new limited partnership investment vehicle (CREC Commercial Fund LP)
- Slate Office REIT in its acquisition of 14 properties from Fortis Properties Corporation for C$430 million and in the purchase of the Gateway Centre, a large commercial office building in the City of Markham
Ms. Henkelman joined McCarthy Tétrault as a student in 2010. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Political Science from Simon Fraser University in 2008 and her J.D. from the University of British Columbia in 2011.
Ms. Henkelman was called to the Ontario bar in 2012. She is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association. Isabel is a member of McCarthy Tétrault student committee in the Toronto office, as well as a committee member of the Toronto office’s Parenthood Group.