Disponible en Anglais seulement
Farhiyah Shariff is a partner in our Business Law group in Calgary. She maintains a corporate practice focused on corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance.
Farhiyah acts for both public and private issuers as well as underwriters in respect of initial public offerings, secondary offerings of debt and equity securities, mergers and acquisitions, asset and share purchase and sale transactions and dealings with regulators including stock exchanges and securities commission. Her practice also involves advising issuers with respect to continuous disclosure obligations, and other regulatory compliance issues.
Farhiyah notably participated in the following transactions:
- TORC Oil & Gas Ltd. in connection with its C$900 million acquisition by Whitecap Resources Inc.
- 420 Premium Market in its C$110 million sale to Tilray Inc.
- Global Ag Risk Solutions in its secondary share sale to SCOR and Willis Towers Watson
- BMO Capital Markets as Solicitation Arranger on ENMAX’s consent solicitation to amend the trust indenture governing its series of unsecured debentures
- Vancouver Airport Authority in its private placement of C$600 million principal amount of unsecured debentures
- Vancouver Airport Authority in connection with its consent solicitation process of debentureholders
- Edmonton Regional Airports Authority in connection with its consent solicitation
Farhiyah obtained her LLB (Honours) from the University of Birmingham and then successfully obtained her Certificate of Qualification from the National Committee on Accreditation of the Federation of Law Societies of Canada. Farhiyah is a member of the Law Society of Canada and the Alberta Bar Association.
Prior to joining McCarthy Tétrault, Farhiyah practiced in the securities, corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions group at a boutique corporate law firm in Calgary.