Disponible en Anglais seulement
Ryan Prescott is counsel in our Technology Law Group in Toronto. He has a general corporate and commercial practice with a focus on technology industries. He advises clients on intellectual property, privacy, and technology law issues, and acts for clients on complex and strategic commercial licensing, procurement and outsourcing transactions.
Ryan has recently represented:
- a statutory corporation in the procurement of key infrastructure computing services;
- a major Canadian health solutions provider on the acquisition of cloud computing services;
- a large software provider on its inbound licensing of strategic product technology;
- a pharmacies applications software provider on numerous commercial transactions as well as other software and data issues;
- a public sector consortium of regulators in the procurement of computing services in respect of their core national systems;
- a corporation jointly owned by several provincial commissions in connection with outsourced business process services;
- a statutory corporation in its procurement of business process services and IT systems to manage health services delivery and entitlements;
- a financial institution in their procurement of a cloud-based storage solution;
- a statutory corporation that coordinates and funds health services in the development of its agreements with health service clinics;
- a major Canadian online service company in their acquisition of a foreign technology company;
- a financial institution in their procurement of a cloud-based productivity software solution;
- a service provider to provincial governments in their expansion within Canada;
- a financial institution in the outsourcing of their operating portfolio and client relationship management system;
- a private Canadian technology company that was acquired by a multi-national public technology company;
- the acquisition of an MRI machine and related services;
- the Canadian subsidiary of a global corporation in connection with its trial of home & remote digital health tracking devices in Canada;
- a major Canadian online services company in the outsourcing of their applications development; and
- a major Canadian online services company in the procurement of core backend hardware.
Ryan received his B.Math (Hons.) in Computer Science from the University of Waterloo in 2006, graduating with distinction, and received his JD from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2009.
Ryan is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Ontario Bar Association, and the Canadian Bar Association.