Jamie Orzech is a partner in the Real Property & Planning Group in Toronto. His practice focuses on most aspects commercial real estate, including acquisitions and dispositions of all asset classes; retail, industrial and commercial leasing including ground lease and sale lease back transactions; borrower and lender side financing transactions, including securitizations and bond financings; real estate development projects including condominium and subdivision development. Jamie has extensive experience in the structure and implementation of real estate joint ventures, co-ownerships and other multi-ownership structures. He represents pension funds, REITs, government agencies, developers, financial institutions, public and private real estate managers, and life insurance companies.
- $2,400,000,000 acquisition of a 150-property office and industrial property portfolio. At the time this transaction was the largest real estate acquisition in Canadian history.
- $2,000,000,000 acquisition of a 23-property office tower portfolio. At the time this transaction was the second largest real estate acquisition in Canadian history.
- $1,500,000,000 sale and purchase of 5 regional shopping malls across Canada.
- $1,000,000,000 sale of a 79-property office and industrial portfolio in Ontario.
- $760,000,000 sale of a 68-property office and industrial portfolio in Ontario and Quebec.
- $720,000,000 credit facility on a 95-property Canadian hotel portfolio.
- Acquisition of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and adjacent Hotel Intercontinental.
- Acted for partner in a 50/50 joint for over 2.5 million square feet of retail space in two regional shopping malls in Quebec and Ontario.
- Acquisition of a five-tower residential apartment building complex, Toronto, Ontario.
- $450,000,000 credit facility on a 25-property Canadian office portfolio.
- $336,000,000 purchase of a 52-property industrial portfolio in Mississauga Ontario.
- Sale of the Four Seasons Hotel, Toronto, Ontario.
- $263,000,000 sale of Bell Trinity Square in Toronto, Ontario.
- $220,000,000 sale of Class A Twin Office Tower Complex in downtown Toronto, Ontario.
Jamie received his BA from the University of Western Ontario in 1998 and his LLB from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2001.
He is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Law Society of Upper Canada and affiliated with Pro Bono Canada.