Committed to providing clients with superior solutions, Jamie is a deal-maker with a proven record of success.
As a partner in our Real Property & Planning Group in Toronto Jamie is known for his practical approach and extensive knowledge. His practice focuses primarily on most aspects of commercial real estate.
Pragmatic and creative, Jamie presents clients with superior tactics to get results quickly and effectively. He provides strategic, valuable advice for acquisitions and dispositions of all asset classes; retail, industrial and commercial leasing including, new project first occupancies, ground lease and sale lease back transactions; borrower and lender side financing transactions, including securitizations and bond financing; and real estate development projects including condominium and subdivision development.
Well-regarded by his peers and recognized for his notable experience in commercial leasing, Jamie is extensively involved in the structure and implementation of real estate joint ventures, co-ownerships and other multi-ownership structures. He represents pension funds, REITs, government agencies, developers, financial institutions, public and private real estate managers, and life insurance companies. Some of his recent transactions include:
- $2.4 billion acquisition of a 150-property office and industrial property portfolio. At the time this transaction was the largest real estate acquisition in Canadian history;
- $2 billion acquisition of a 23-property office tower portfolio. At the time this transaction was the second largest real estate acquisition in Canadian history;
- Anchor tenant office lease for 1.75 million sq. feet. At the time this transaction was the largest office lease in the history of Toronto's financial core;
- $1.5 billion sale and purchase of 5 regional shopping malls across Canada;
- $1.2 billion long term ground lease for a GTA entertainment complex;
- $1 billion sale of a 79-property office and industrial portfolio in Ontario;
- $760 million sale of a 68-property office and industrial portfolio in Ontario and Quebec;
- $720 million credit facility on a 95-property Canadian hotel portfolio;
- Acquisition of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and adjacent Hotel Intercontinental;
- Acted for partner in a 50/50 joint for over 2.5 million square feet of retail space in two regional shopping malls in Quebec and Ontario;
- Acquisition of a five-tower residential apartment building complex, Toronto, Ontario;
- $450 million credit facility on a 25-property Canadian office portfolio;
- $336 million purchase of a 52-property industrial portfolio in Mississauga, Ontario;
- Sale of the Four Seasons Hotel, Toronto, Ontario;
- $263 million sale of Bell Trinity Square in Toronto, Ontario;
- $220 million sale of Class A Twin Office Tower Complex in downtown Toronto, Ontario; and
- Represented a buyer in the acquisition of a 109 hotel portfolio across Canada.
Jamie obtained his BA from the University of Western Ontario in 1998 and his LLB from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2001. He was called to the Ontario bar in 2002.
Leading Lawyer: Real Estate - Ontario
The Legal 500 - Canada
Next Generation Lawyer: Real Estate
Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Property Development; and Project Finance
Lexpert Special Edition: Infrastructure
Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading lawyer in the area of real estate law