Disponible en Anglais seulement
Haiya Peng is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. Haiya’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and general corporate matters.
- Summit Industrial Income REIT in connection with its C$5.9 billion acquisition by a joint venture between GIC and Dream Industrial REIT
- Ironbridge Equity Partners in connection with its acquisition of Kore Outdoor Inc.
- Resolver Inc. in connection with its acquisition by Kroll.
- GE Digital in connection with its acquisition of Opus One Solutions Energy Corporation.
- Proactive Group Holdings Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Adnet Communications Inc.
- Farmers Edge Inc. in connection with its C$125 million initial public offering.
- Fairfax Africa Holdings Corporation and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in their strategic transaction with Helios Holdings Limited.
- Brookfield Infrastructure and GIC, the Singapore sovereign wealth fund, in the US$8.4 billion acquisition of Genesee & Wyoming Inc., US freight railroad owner and operator.
- Novacap in its acquisition of a majority interest in Spectrum Health Care.
- Mubadala Investment Company, an Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund, in its purchase of US$130 million convertible notes from Equinox Gold.
- The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company in the sale of Regional Power Inc. to Connor, Clark & Lunn Infrastructure and Desjardins.
- City Capital Ventures, a US-based principal investment firm, in the acquisition of Burger King and Pizza Hut franchisee business from Redberry Group.
- Brookfield Asset Management in the C$4.3 billion acquisition of Enercare Inc. by Brookfield Infrastructure Partners.
- Echelon Financial Holdings Inc. in the sale of Echelon Insurance to CAA Club Group.
Haiya received his JD from Peter A. Allard School of Law at University of British Columbia in 2018, where he won numerous individual course prizes and volunteered with the Law Students Legal Advice Program. He obtained a Bachelor of Engineering degree from Shanghai Jiao Tong University and a Master of Applied Science degree from University of British Columbia.
Haiya was called to the Ontario Bar in 2019 and is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, Canadian Bar Association and Ontario Bar Association.