Disponible en Anglais seulement
With extensive knowledge and experience with complex lending transactions, D.J. provides clients with thoughtful, responsive and expert advice to carry out their most ambitious transactions.
D.J. Lynde is a partner in our Business Law Group in Toronto. His practice focuses on banking, secured lending, private equity, specialty finance, securitization and structured finance transactions.
D.J. acts for Canadian and international banks, financial institutions, non-bank lenders and borrowers in connection with lending transactions, including bilateral and syndicated financings, senior/mezzanine and first lien/second lien financings, subscription/capital call facilities, asset-based loans, project finance, acquisition financings, speciality finance transactions, restructurings and multi-jurisdictional and cross-border transactions. Clients appreciate D.J.’s rigorous work ethic and his thorough understanding of the financial services industry.
His most recent mandates include:
- advising Jamieson Laboratories Ltd. and Jamieson Health Products USA Ltd., in the refinancing of their US$ 275 million senior secured credit facilities;
- advising Bank of Montreal as administrative agent and a syndicate of lenders in the $2 billion credit facilities provided to Maple Leaf Foods Inc. to help finance the construction of two new manufacturing facilities in London, Ontario and Shelbyville, Indiana;
- advising the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, as administrative agent and lender, and Bank of Montreal, as lender, in the $65 million secured non-revolving term loan credit facility to Cronos Group Inc.;
- advising Credit Suisse AG, a Switzerland-based multinational investment bank, in the US$1.48 billion financing to Searchlight Capital Partners, L.P. in connection with its acquisition of Mitel Networks Corporation;
- advising Olympus Growth Fund VI, LP, a US-based private equity firm, in its US$513.80 million acquisition of Rise Baking Artisan Bread, Inc., Rise Baking Sweet Goods, Inc. and PBF Pita Bread Factory Ltd.;
- advising the administrative agent and a syndicate of lenders on the U.S.$5.7 billion acquisition financing of DH Corporation;
- advising the administrative agent and a syndicate of lenders on the refinancing of U.S.$3.2 billion credit facilities for an integrated solid waste service company listed on the TSX and the New York Stock Exchange;
- advising Jefferies Finance LLC as the administrative agent and collateral agent and a syndicate of lenders, on the US$908 million debt financing by Dentalcorp Health Services ULC;
- advising the administrative agent and a syndicate of lenders on a $1 billion acquisition financing of a telecommunications company;
- advising the administrative agent and a syndicate of lenders on a $700 million revolving facility for an affiliate of a leading Canadian retailer;
- advising the administrative agent and a syndicate of lenders on a U.S.$300 million subscription/capital call credit facilities;
- advising Samsonite International S.A., a Luxembourg-based luggage manufacturer and retailer, in the refinancing of its senior secured credit facilities including revolving facility of US$650 million and initial term loan facilities of US$1.493 billion;
- advising Timbercreek Financial Corp. in the $400 million refinancing of its revolving credit facility;
- advising the bondholders on a $150 million bond financing of an Ontario hydroelectric generating station;
- advising Samsonite International S.A., a Luxembourg-based luggage manufacturer and retailer, in the €350 million offering of senior notes by Samsonite Finco S.a r.l.; and
- advising an asset manager on a multi million dollar Euro denominated senior and junior debenture offering by one of its European debt funds.
D.J. obtained his LLM in Business Law from Osgoode Hall Law School and his LLB from the University of Alberta Faculty of Law. While at the University of Alberta, he was awarded the Bryan & Company Student Leadership Award and the McCarthy Tétrault Leadership Award. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Political Science and History from the University of Western Ontario (UWO), graduating with distinction and receiving the UWO Gold Medal.
D.J. was called to the Ontario bar in 2011. He is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Ontario Bar Association and the Canadian Bar Association. He is a past chair of the Governance Committee for the Crescent School Alumni Executive.
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Banking & Financial Institutions
Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A