Dana Siddle is counsel in our Business Law and Technology Law groups. Dana advises on complex commercial transactions and projects involving technology and intellectual property. Dana also supports clients with practical, solutions-oriented advice on challenges and strategies relating to e-commerce, data security, privacy, anti-spam, advertising and emerging technologies.
Dana joined McCarthy Tétrault after three years acting as in-house counsel for a major North American retailer of consumer technology products and services. Prior to that, Dana was an associate at leading national law firms in Canada and Australia.
Dana’s recent experience includes:
- Negotiating a co-location services agreement with a leading Canadian provider of outsourced data centre services
- Negotiating with major communications infrastructure services providers for wavelength services between data centre and enterprise locations
- Negotiating numerous agreements for cloud services, software-as-a-service, IT hardware, software and support services
- Supporting a private sector procurement team in negotiating ongoing supply agreements, including in relation to outsourced IT services and staff augmentation
- Supporting a commercial sales team in agreement negotiations with vendors and distributors, and in relation to the development of a private e-commerce portal for customer orders
- Providing counsel to all aspects of a retail IT services business, including preparation of consumer-facing terms and conditions, review of advertising materials and response to privacy breaches
- Administering a compliance and ethics program for the Canadian subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company
Dana received her LL.B from the University of New South Wales, Australia in 2005 and her B.Commerce from the University of Sydney, Australia in 2001. Dana is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia and the Canadian Bar Association.