Disponible en Anglais seulement
Adam D. Wanke is a counsel in our Business Law Group in our London, England office. His practice is primarily focused in the area of corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, particularly in the mining sector.
Adam has experience advising clients in numerous international jurisdictions with respect to mining projects, mineral streaming transactions, joint ventures, mining royalties and asset and share sales.
Adam received a BBA in Business Administration, with distinction, from the University of Toronto and his LLB from the University of British Columbia. He is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Law Society of British Columbia and the World Initiative of Mining Lawyers.
Recent representative transactions that Adam has acted on include:
- Counsel to Glencore plc in its formation of a new 50/50 joint venture with Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan focused on base metals streams and royalties with an initial royalty portfolio valued at $300 million
- Counsel to Goldcorp Inc. on its acquisition from Kinross Gold Corporation of Kinross' interest in the Cerro Casale project and the Quebrada Seca project and Goldcorp's entry into a 50/50 joint venture with Barrick Gold Corporation over the expanded Cerro Casale project in Chile
- Counsel to Taseko Mines Limited with respect to the $33 million silver streaming transaction with Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd. over the Gibraltar Mine in British Columbia, Canada
- Counsel to Anglo American plc with respect to an option and royalty transaction over Eurasian Minerals Inc'.s Copper Springs porphyry project in Arizona
- Counsel to Glencore plc with respect to the $500 million gold and silver streaming transaction with Franco-Nevada over the Antapaccay mine in Peru
- Counsel to Glencore plc with respect to the $900 million silver streaming transaction with Silver Wheaton over the Antamina mine in Peru
- Counsel to Goldcorp Inc. on the combination with Teck Resources Limited of the El Morro and Relincho projects in Chile by way of a 50/50 joint venture to create a combined $3.5 billion mine called Project Corridor
- Counsel to Anglo American plc on structuring of joint venture by way of a Delaware limited liability company for the Copper Creek Project in Arizona with Redhawk Resources Inc.