Bilingual Proposal Specialist
Date de publication
10 juin 2021
Type de poste
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2020 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Bilingual Proposal Specialist, you will be:
Proposal and Pitch Support
- Acting as Proposal Lead to provide strategic direction for the development of both French and English Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Expressions of Interest (EOIs), pitch materials and collateral.
- Working in close collaboration with lawyers on RFP and pitch efforts, including organizing and leading kick-off meetings to determine win themes and proposal and pricing strategy, creating first drafts using internal content and tools, overseeing and finalizing client-ready RFPs and proposals.
- Leading and coordinating the response development for client reporting requests, including liaising with diverse firm stakeholders such as Finance, Inclusion Office, HR, IT, and more.
- Supporting lawyers with time-sensitive client requests for Firm credentials.
- Providing support for in-person pitches to clients and prospects, including drafting agendas, speaking notes, presentations, hand-outs, and associated credential materials.
- Diarizing follow-ups with lawyers on proposal opportunities and tracking results in Firm databases.
- Working with the Research and Information team to gather and distill client/prospect and industry intelligence to assist lawyers in the proposal process.
- Developing industry- and practice-focused proposal templates to improve efficiency.
- Providing support with respect to reporting of proposal statistics such as volume, win rate, proposals by industry, etc.
- Reviewing procurement sites to identify potential new business opportunities.
Content Improvement and Management
- Undertaking the writing and editing of both English and French “stock” proposal content, including differentiators, value propositions, and content related to practice areas, industries and international markets, legal project management, client solutions, value-added services, pricing, and more.
- Updating Firm proposal tool with approved content.
- Providing support and guidance throughout the French translations process, working with our internal Translations team, and reviewing, revising and providing quality control for French proposal content.
- Providing proposal process and development training to new employees.
- Participating in testing and rollout processes for upgrades to the proposal automation tool.
- Providing input and guidance on French-language client-facing communications.
- Providing support and input as needed on other important writing assignments critical to marketing and business development.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience, ideally with 2 years in a large professional services organization.
- Fully bilingual (French and English) in both oral and written communication skills. Translator Certification a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing the proposal development process from start to finish.
- Professional maturity including strong interpersonal skills, tact and discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities with challenging deadlines.
- Ability to complete designated tasks in a systematic and logical way, with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail in writing, editing, and budgeting.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, and work independently as well as part of a team.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.