Ted Koffman* is a partner in our Business Law Group and Technology Group in Vancouver. His practice focuses on providing general counsel to businesses with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, outsourcings, the formation and financing of business ventures and corporate reorganizations. He has extensive experience in cross border transactions.
Ted’s experience includes acting for:
- Blackberry in its acquisition of a number of companies, including various U.S. based companies;
- General Electric in its acquisition of Wurldtech;
- CA Technologies in its acquisition of Layer 7 Technologies;
- Partnerpedia Solutions in various financings and its sale to BMC Software;
- Watts Water Technologies in its acquisition of Tekmar Control Systems;
- Columbia Containers in its sale to Providence Grain Group;
- Angstrom Power in various financings and its sale to BIC Group;
- Amer Sports in the sale of its BARE division to Huish Outdoors;
- Pacific Blasting Group of Companies as its outside counsel, including in purchases and sales of various companies;
- Pharmasave Drugs (National) as its outside counsel;
- Andersen Group of Companies in various forestry related businesses, acquisitions and matters;
- MicroSurvey Software in its sale to Hexagon Group;
- Boart Longyear in its acquisition of various companies in North America and South America;
- Harvest Power in its acquisition of various companies and assets, including Fraser Richmond Soil & Fibre and Urban Wood Waste Recyclers;
- Ticketmaster in the sale of its IATS division to First American Payment Systems;
- Wenco International Mining Systems in its sale to Hitachi Construction Machinery;
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems in its acquisition of assets of SmarTire Systems;
- Corbis in its acquisition of Veer;
- Mr. Lube Canada in its reorganization with T&M Management Services;
- Sprott Shaw Community College as its outside counsel and in its sale to CIBT Education Group;
- Marubeni in its acquisition of Belterra;
- OctigaBay Systems in its $150 million sale to Cray;
- British Columbia Buildings Corporation in its billion dollar outsourcing arrangement with BLJC;
- Methanex in a terminalling services agreement with EnCana, the acquisition of interests in a Trinidad methanol facility and the acquisition of a Canadian ammonia facility;
- Accenture in its billion dollar outsourcing arrangement with BC Hydro;
- Northern Drugs in its sale to Shoppers Drug Mart;
- Omnex Control Systems in its sale to Peco;
- Abatis Systems from its formation until its sale to Redback Networks for the largest amount ever paid for a private technology company in Canadian history;
- Microsoft in its acquisition of NCompass Labs; and
- Numerous other technology companies, venture capitalists and investors in numerous equity and debt financings.
Ted has lectured at various programs and conferences on the legal aspects of buying and selling businesses, outsourcing agreements and the formation of business ventures.
Ted received a BA from the University of British Columbia in 1983 and an LLB from the University of Toronto in 1986. He joined the firm in 1986 and was called to the British Columbia bar.
*denotes Law Corporation
A leading lawyer in the area of Corporate/Commercial.
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
A leading lawyer in the areas of corporate commercial, corporate mid-market law and private equity law.
The Best Lawyers in Canada
A leading lawyer in the area of mergers and acquisitions law.