Disponible en Anglais seulement
Stefanie is a “go-to” tax advisor who assists clients in navigating complex tax issues and achieving their commercial objectives.
Stefanie is a partner in our Tax Group in Toronto and a member of the firm’s National Opinions Committee. She maintains an income tax planning practice, with a focus on the tax-related aspects of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions (public and private), corporate reorganizations, real estate transactions and financings. She also frequently acts on tax structuring matters for Canadian pension plans, and advises on tax aspects of business operations.
Her recent representative experience includes:
- advising OMERS in connection with its agreement to acquire a 10.01% stake in 407 International for C$3.25 billion;
- advising CCMP Capital Advisors, LP in connection with its agreement to acquire BGIS, a leading integrated facilities management company, from Brookfield Business Partners L.P. for approximately US$1 billion;
- advising CCMP Capital Advisors, LP and Jamieson Wellness Inc. in the C$300-million secondary bought deal offering of common shares of Jamieson Wellness Inc.;
- advising the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Loblaw Companies Ltd. in connection with the spin-out of Loblaw's 61.6% effective interest in Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust;
- advising Credit Suisse AG in the US$1.48-billion financing of Searchlight Capital Partners, L.P. in connection with its acquisition of Mitel Networks Corp.; and
- advising Mill Road Capital in the sale of PRT Growing Services Ltd. to TriWest Capital Partners.
Stefanie enjoys engaging with the tax community and sharing insights, perspectives and knowledge. She has appeared as a lecturer at numerous conferences, seminars and courses, and has written and commented widely on income tax matters generally. Her recent speaking engagements include lecturing for the Ontario Bar Association, and presenting at the PIAC Tax Forum, the Tax Executives Institute’s North American Conference and the Canadian Tax Foundation’s Annual Tax Conference.
She is a member of the Board of Governors of the Canadian Tax Foundation, and a member of the International Fiscal Association and the Canadian Bar Association. She is also a sessional instructor at the University of Windsor Faculty of Law and a member of the Editorial Board of the Canada Tax Service (Carswell).
Stefanie received her combined LLB/MBA (Gold Medalist) from Osgoode Hall Law School and the Schulich School of Business in 2006, and her Hons. BA (Board of Governors Medalist) from the University of Windsor in 2002. She is the recipient of numerous awards for academic achievement, including the Allen S. Berg MBA/LLB Graduating Award of Excellence for the highest standing in the combined MBA/LLB program.
Prix et distinctions
Leading Lawyer: Tax
Lexpert Rising Stars
Canada’s Leading Lawyers Under 40
International Tax Review
Highly Regarded: Women in Tax
Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory