Natalie Garton is counsel in our Real Property and Planning Group in Vancouver. Her practice is primarily focused on commercial real estate and she regularly advises clients on issues relating to the acquisition, financing, development and sale of development property, including advice on Real Estate Development Marketing Act disclosure issues, strata title issues, land title issues and commercial leasing issues.
Her recent experience includes:
- acting for major developers of multi-family residential, mixed use and commercial developments, including phased and leasehold developments;
- acting for the lender in connection with the Vancouver 2010 Athletes Village project;
- acting for the landlord of a large portfolio of office towers and industrial and retail properties;
- acting for a conservation organization in connection with various matters, including acquisitions, leasing and the negotiation of conservation covenants; and
- advising on Strata Property Act issues and dealings with strata corporations.
Natalie is the author of a chapter dealing with the structure of the developer and joint ventures in the British Columbia Real Estate Practice Manual.
Natalie received a BA in Psychology from the University of British Columbia in 2002 and her LLB from the University of British Columbia in 2005. Natalie was called to the British Columbia bar.