Disponible en anglais seulement
Michael (Mike) Alty is an associate in McCarthy Tétrault’s Business Law Group. He advises companies on corporate and commercial transactions, including cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions. Michael has acted for clients in the power, retail and consumer markets, technology and fintech sectors.
Michael also advises clients on commercial agreements, shareholder matters, complex reorganizations and establishing business in Canada.
Representative transactions include:
- Advising the seller of a 200 MW wind project in Saskatchewan
- Acting as Canadian counsel to a U.S.–based private equity fund with respect to two Canadian acquisitions in the produce industry
- Advising a Toronto-based SaaS company in its Series C financing round
- Advising the seller of a 279 MW wind project in Alberta
- Acting for a city in the development of an organic waste biofuel processing facility
- Advising the lender in connection with the project financing of a 15 MW hydro-electric generation facility
- Advising the sellers of a consumer packaged goods company to a U.S.-based private equity fund
- Acting for the sellers of a fintech company to a US-based private equity fund
- Advising a U.S.-based public company in its acquisition of a Canadian medical device company
- Acting for a public company on its acquisition of forestry cutting rights in British Columbia
- Acting as Canadian counsel to a U.S.-based private equity fund with respect to the acquisition of a consumer products company co-headquartered in Canada and the U.S.
- Advising a construction company in its acquisition of a construction drilling company
- Acting for a public company in its acquisition of a SaaS company providing renewable energy planning capabilities
- Advising a U.S.-based private equity company in its acquisition of a coal export terminal and related financing
Michael was called to the bar in British Columbia in 2015 and Ontario in 2022. He is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia, the Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association.