Disponible en Anglais seulement
The breadth of Jessica’s expertise combined with her commercial insights, allows Jessica to provide practical advice and tailored solutions on complex transactions.
Jessica Brown is a partner in the Business Law Group, located in the Firm’s Calgary office. Her practice focuses on corporate matters, capital markets, M&A and corporate governance.
Jessica is a trusted advisor to clients and regularly helps them successfully navigate securities, IPOs, capital pool transactions, TSX and TSX Venture Exchange listings and private placements, share and asset acquisitions, and compliance with securities regulatory requirements.
Jessica is a Steering Committee Member for the Calgary chapter of Women in Capital Markets and a member of the TSX Venture Exchange’s Alberta Local Advisory Committee. She is also a member of the Alberta Bar Association, the Canadian Bar Association and the Calgary Bar Association.
- Counsel to Topaz Energy Corp. in its public offering of common shares for gross proceeds of $252.5 million
- Counsel to AltaGas in respect of its $500 million offering of senior unsecured medium term notes with a coupon rate of 2.157 percent, maturing on June 10, 2025
- Counsel to the underwriters in Suncor Energy Inc.'s public offering of 2.8% senior unsecured notes due May 15, 2023 for US$450 million and a second concurrent public offering of 3.1% senior unsecured notes due May 15, 2025 for US$550 million
- Counsel to the underwriters in Suncor Energy Inc.'s public offering of 5% series 7 medium term notes due April 9, 2030 for gross proceeds in excess of CAD $1billion
- Counsel to Tourmaline Oil Corp. in respect of the formation of Topaz Energy Corp., a new private royalty and infrastructure energy company. Topaz purchased interests in certain revenue generating assets from Tourmaline for $194.5 million in cash and 59.1 million Topaz common shares
- Counsel to Headwater Exploration Inc. management team for $50 million recapitalization and reconstitution of management of Corridor Resources Inc.
- Counsel to Gear Energy Ltd. regarding an arrangement with Steppe Resources Inc. where Gear acquired Steppe for aggregate consideration of approximately $70 million
- Counsel to Inter Pipeline Ltd. in an equity offering of 9,620,000 common shares at $20.80 per share for gross proceeds of $200 million
- Counsel to NewAlta Corporation in the $1 billion merger with Tervita Corporation, a Canadian environmental solutions provider, in a stock swap transaction completed by way of Plan of Arrangement
- Counsel to the dealers in a $1.8 billion public offering of medium term notes by Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- Counsel to Inter Pipeline Ltd. in respect to a $450 million public offering of senior unsecured medium term notes
- Counsel to Tourmaline Oil Corp. in the $1.369 billion acquisition of strategic assets located in the Alberta Deep Basin and the North East British Columbia Gundy area from Shell Canada Energy
- Counsel to Tourmaline Oil Corp in the $750 million financing comprising a $115 million public offering of 3,309,700 subscription receipts and the concurrent private placement offering of 18,274,000 subscription receipts with certain institutional investors for gross proceeds of approximately $635 million
- Counsel to Gear Energy Ltd. in the $63.7 million acquisition of Striker Exploration Corp. pursuant to a Plan of Arrangement
- Counsel to Inter Pipeline Ltd. in respect to a $600 million public offering of 22,430,000 subscription receipts
- Counsel to Axia NetMedia Corporation in the $272 million acquisition by Partners Group in a going private transaction completed by statutory Plan of Arrangement
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Corporate Commercial Law
Lexpert Special Edition: Energy
Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A
Lawyer to Watch
Lexpert Special Edition: Infrastructure