Disponible en Anglais seulement
Gianluca is a practical and business-oriented problem solver that helps clients achieve their objectives in an efficient yet highly-personalized manner.
Gianluca Mazzanti is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Group in New York, where he advises Canadian, U.S. and international clients on public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate governance matters, and ongoing securities law requirements. He frequently advises private equity sponsors in structuring and negotiating their private market funds and other institutional investors with stakes in private equity funds, hedge funds and other alternative investments. Gianluca is a member of the firm’s National Private Equity Group, M&A and Securities Group, and Gaming, Lottery and eSports group. His transactional experience includes assisting clients in the gaming, real estate, and technology sectors.
Representative Experience Includes:
- acting for Northleaf Capital Partners in connection with various primary, secondary and co-investment investments activities
- acting for TSN/Bell Media on its multi-year agreement to establish FanDuel as the official sportsbook partner for TSN, TSN.ca and other Bell Media sports properties, including the integration of betting features into Bell’s live sports and editorial content
- acting for Slate Asset Management L.P. in connection with the formation and financing of its private equity fund, Slate Canadian Real Estate Opportunity Fund II L.P.
- acting for Score Media and Gaming Inc. in connection with its US$2 billion sale to Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- acting for Slate Asset Management L.P. in connection with the formation and financing of its first private-credit fund, Slate Real Estate Capital L.P.
- acting for Jamieson Wellness Inc. in connection with its $265 million acquisition of Nutrawise Health & Beauty Corporation
- acting for Genius Sports Media Inc. in connection with its landmark multi-year strategic partnership with the Canadian Football League
- acting for the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation advising on its long-term operating agreements for 28 existing or planned casinos
- acting for Slate Asset Management L.P. in connection with the US$2.33 billion portfolio and platform acquisition from Annaly Capital Management
- acting for Slate Grocery REIT in connection with its $75 million “bought-deal” financing led by BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc. and CIBC World Markets Inc.
- acting for BetRegal negotiating the exclusive sponsorship deal to become the Official Sport Gaming Partner of the Canadian Football League
Gianluca also regularly acts pro bono for the Coalition of Innovation Leaders Against Racism (CILAR) – a diverse group of senior leaders committed to helping end anti-black and systemic racism in the innovation economy – on a variety of commercial and transactional matters.
Gianluca graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto where he was the recipient of the W. Struan Robertson, Q.C. Memorial Prize for academic excellence. Before attending law school, Gianluca worked full-time at the Ontario Lottery & Gaming Corporation’s head office where he advised senior management on corporate governance matters and acted as a subject-matter expert on the OLG’s new multi-year casino operating agreements. In his 3 years at the OLG, Gianluca earned a number of certifications, including a Yellow-Belt in process improvement from Six-Sigma Canada that today allows him to deliver quality results to clients in a cost-effective and practical manner. Gianluca currently serves as a director on his Toronto-based high school alumni board, and holds a B.A. and M.A. from the University of Western Ontario where he was the recipient of the Edwin A. Goodman Award for academic excellence.
Gianluca was called to the Ontario Bar in 2020 and is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Ontario Bar Association, and the Canadian-Italian Advocates Organization.