Eva Bellissimo is a partner in the firm’s Toronto office and Co-leader, Canada Mining of McCarthy Tétrault’s Global Metals & Mining Group. Eva’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and corporate finance, primarily in the mining and cannabis industries.
With more than 16 years of experience and having led hundreds of transactions, Eva is deeply connected to the mining industry and is a strategic and entrepreneurial lawyer with a strong reputation for getting the deal done.
In her M&A practice, Eva offers pragmatic advice and develops deal strategy for acquirors, target companies and special committees, assisting clients in developing and executing a variety of transactions including arrangements, reverse take-overs, going-private transactions, take-over bids and other business combinations. In her corporate finance practice, she advises issuers and investment banks on public equity offerings, convertible debt transactions, initial public offerings, and strategic investments. Eva has also navigated issuers through proxy contests and advised with respect to activist shareholder actions.
Eva has led a range of M&A and corporate financing transactions involving TSX, TSXV and CSE listed issuers, including:
- Acted for Osisko Gold Royalties on C$537 million acquisition of TSX-listed Dalradian Resources by Orion Mine Finance and continuing shareholder arrangements.
- Acting on behalf of Kirkland Lake Gold Inc. in connection with its $1.2 billion business combination with Newmarket Gold Inc.
- Acting on behalf of a syndicate of agents co-led by Scotia Capital Inc., Canaccord Genuity Corp. and National Bank Financial Inc. in connection with an initial public offering of Titan Mining Corporation
- Acting on behalf of Desert Lion Energy Inc. in connection with its subscription receipt offering and reverse take-over listing transaction
- Acting on behalf of a syndicate of agents co-led by Scotia Capital Inc. and Haywood Securities Inc. in connection with a public offering of $65 million of common shares of Altius Minerals Corporation the proceeds of which were used to fund a portion of a $500 million royalty acquisition
- Acting on behalf of a Buffalo Coal Corp. in connection with a number of strategic convertible debt investments by Resource Capital Funds V L.P.
- Acting on behalf of a syndicate of underwriters led by Cormark Securities Inc. and GMP Securities L.P. in connection with a $109 million initial public offering of common shares of Teranga Gold Corporation following the $600 million spin-off of the Sabodala gold project from Mineral Deposits Limited to Teranga
- Acting on behalf of Franco-Nevada Corporation in connection with a $370 million public offering of units
In addition to her law practice, Eva remains actively involved with Western University. Eva was as regular lecturer on mining corporate finance at Western University Law School and is the Chair of the Advisory Council for the DAN Management Program at Western University.
Eva is a graduate of Western University, B.A. (ACS) (with Distinction), 1998, and Western University Law School, LL.B., 2001. She was called to the Ontario Bar in 2002.