Disponible en Anglais seulement
Claire Lehan is a partner in our Business Law Group in Toronto. Her core practice involves advising on public and private mergers & acquisitions and capital markets, with a specific focus on the mining and natural resource sectors. She also regularly provides advice on various matters related to ongoing securities law requirements and corporate governance matters.
Claire has experience on a broad range of M&A and corporate financing transactions involving TSX, TSXV and CSE listed issuers, including:
- Acting for Rio Tinto on its US$2.7 billion all cash insider acquisition of TSX/NYSE-listed Turquoise Hill Resources which operates the Oyu Tolgoi copper and gold mine in Mongolia
- Acting for Wyloo Metals on its C$615 million all cash insider acquisition of, and takeover battle with BHP over, TSXV-listed Noront Resources, which owns several major nickel and chromite discoveries in Ontario’s Ring of Fire
- Acting for Newcrest Mining on its $3.5B acquisition of TSX/NYSE-listed Pretium Resources Inc. which operates the Brucejack gold mine in British Columbia
- Acting for Evolution Mining on its acquisition of TSX-listed Battle North Gold Corp.
- Acting for Altius Renewable Royalties Corp. on is $100 million initial public offering and concurrent TSX listing via TSX Sandbox
- Acting for Endeavour Mining on its C$2.44 billion all-stock acquisition of TSX-listed Teranga Gold Corporation which operates the Sabodala-Massawa and Wahgnion gold mines in West Africa
- Acting for Endeavour Mining in connection with its US$2 billion shelf prospectus and subsequent US$200 million investment by La Mancha
- Acting for Endeavour Mining on its C$1 billion all-stock acquisition of TSX-listed SEMAFO which operates the Boungou and Mana gold mines in Burkina Faso
- Acting for OMERS Infrastructure in its proposed bid to acquire a 10.01% stake in 407 International from SNC-Lavalin.
- Acting for Vox Royalty Corp. on its reverse-takeover transaction of AIM3 Ventures Inc.
- Acting for Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd in connection with its acquisition of high quality precious metals portfolio of assets consisting of 74 royalties, streams and precious metal offtakes from Orion Mine Finance Group in exchange for $1.125 billion in consideration.
- Acting for Gazit-Globe Ltd., an Israeli international real property developer, on both the share repurchase transaction where First Capital Realty Inc. repurchased C$742 million shares beneficially held by Gazit-Globe Ltd. for cancellation, and the C$453 million bought deal secondary offering of common shares of First Capital Realty Inc. represented by installment receipts
- Acting for Crius Energy Trust, in connection with its acquisition of U.S. Gas & Electric, Inc. for US$172.5 million and its bought deal offering of C$116.5 million trust units to fund a portion of the purchase price
- Acting for a syndicate of underwriters, led by Scotia Capital Inc., in connection with Algonquin Power and Utilities Corp.'s $500 million offering of common shares
- Acting for Argonaut Gold Inc. in connection with its $40 million public offering of common shares through a syndicate of underwriters led by BMO Capital Markets
- Acting for a syndicate of agents led by Paradigm Capital Inc. in connection with Alopex Gold Inc.'s initial public offering of common shares on the TSX Venture Exchange
Claire frequently speaks on M&A, corporate governance and related topics, including co-teaching a seminar on public M&A for the advanced securities law programs at Western University. In addition to her practice, Claire also serves on the board of the Canada Ireland Foundation, a Toronto-based charity focusing on arts, culture and history.
Claire obtained her Honours BsSc the University of Ottawa in 2011 and her JD from Western Law in 2015. Claire was called to the Ontario bar in 2016. She is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, Canadian Bar Association and Ontario Bar Association.