Claire Lehan is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. She maintains a corporate commercial practice focusing on focusing on mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate finance matters. She also provides advice on various matters related to ongoing securities law requirements and corporate governance.
Some of the transactions in which she has been involved include:
- OMERS Infrastructure in its proposed bid to acquire a 10.01% stake in 407 International from SNC-Lavalin
- Cineworld Group plc in the C$2.8 billion definitive agreement to acquire Cineplex
- Gazit-Globe Ltd., an Israeli international real property developer, on both the share repurchase transaction where First Capital Realty Inc. repurchased C$742 million shares beneficially held by Gazit-Globe Ltd. for cancellation, and the C$453 million bought deal secondary offering of common shares of First Capital Realty Inc. represented by installment receipts
- Endeavour Mining on its C$1 billion all-stock acquisition of TSX-listed SEMAFO which operates the Boungou and Mana gold mines in Burkina Fasoo
- Calibre Mining Corp. in its acquisition of mining assets in Nicaragua from B2Gold Corp. and strategic partnership with B2Gold
Claire obtained her Honours BsSc (magna cum laude) in Political Science, with a minor concentration in the Social Science of Health from the University of Ottawa in 2011. She received her JD from Western Law in 2015.
Claire was called to the Ontario bar in 2016. She is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, Canadian Bar Association and Ontario Bar Association.