Carl Dahlen is an associate in our Business Law Group in Calgary. He maintains a general corporate and securities practice which includes corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Carl has experience advising clients on a variety of corporate transactions, including private placements, public offerings, asset and share transactions, reverse take-overs and corporate creation and reorganizations. Carl’s practice also involves advising companies with respect to securities laws, continuous disclosure obligations and other regulatory compliance issues.
Carl obtained his Bachelor of Science from McGill University and his JD from the University of Toronto. He was called to the Alberta bar in 2019. He is a member of the Law Society of Alberta and the Canadian Bar Association.
Representative Transactions Include:
- Athennian in connection with its SAFE debt conversion and series “A” equity financing.
- Foundation Automotive Corp. in connection with its debt and Class B equity financings, and various asset and share acquisitions in the North American automotive industry.
- Harvard Energy in connection with its acquisition of Nova Star Oil and Gas Inc.
- Point Loma Resources Ltd. in connection with its 2018 short form prospectus financing and its 2019 private placement financing.
- Varigate Technologies Inc. in connection with its formation and acquisition of Standard Carbide Ltd.
- Whipcord Corp. in connection with its acquisition of SmartZone, its 2019 corporate reorganization and its Series Seed Preferred Stock financing.