Disponible en anglais seulement.
Brad leads large national mandates, delivering sophisticated and solutions-oriented advice to keep deals moving
Brad Squibb is a partner with the firm’s Business Law Group, located in Calgary. His practice focuses on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and securities regulatory compliance matters.
His experience includes acting for public and private issuers and investment dealers on transactional matters, including contested and uncontested take-over situations, public and private debt and equity offerings and asset acquisitions and divestures. Brad’s transaction experience also covers cross-border matters, shareholder activism matters and the formation, listing and governance of investment funds.
Brad is on the Board of Governors of the Lindsay Park Society (Repsol Sports Centre).
Brad is a member of the Law Society of Alberta, the Calgary Bar Association and the Canadian Bar Association. He currently serves as Chair of the Energy Business Committee of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section.
- Journey Energy in its debt restructuring.
- Tartan Energy Group in its acquisition of assets from a private oilfield services company through a formal BIA process.
- Tillridge Global Agribusiness Partners in its acquisition of Freshstone Brands Inc.
- Journey Energy in its C$7.3M flow-through private placement.
- ILTA Grain Inc. throughout its CCAA proceedings, including in various transactions to complete the sale of ILTA’s remaining Saskatchewan assets to Viterra, ETG Commodities and DG Global.
- Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co., the financial advisor to the special committee of Enbridge Income Fund Holdings Inc., in delivering both a formal valuation and fairness opinion in connection with the C$4.7B acquisition by Enbridge Inc. of all public equity of Enbridge Income Fund Holdings Inc. that Enbridge didn’t already own.
- ILTA Grain Inc. in the sale of its edible bean business to Hensall Co-Op.
- A geophysical and technical service provider in its joint venture with an international company, set up to develop and test a ‘first of its kind’ electric and motor technology, including exclusive access for our client to the technology in North America and other parts of the world for licensing and future development.
- Robots and Pencils, a leading Calgary-based mobile strategy and app development firm, as Canadian counsel, in a majority private equity buyout and recapitalization from Next Sparc, a transaction which included a merger with portfolio company KINETiQ DIGITAL.
- Xtreme Drilling Corp. in its C$209M business combination with AKITA Drilling Ltd.
- Catalyst Paper Corporation in its acquisition by Paper Excellence Canada Holdings Corporation.
- Zenith Energy Ltd. on the company’s admission to trading on Merkur market of the Oslo Bors, and previously in diversifying its Canadian capital market requirements by dual listing from the TSXV to the LSE, and in capital raises through equity issuances and debenture offerings into the European market.
- Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) with the evaluation of the successful North American bid to host the FIFA World CupTM in 2026.
- First Reserve in its US$75M preferred equity investment into the wholly-owned operating subsidiary of PetroShale Inc. and in its follow-on investment into common shares of PetroShale Inc.
- Equity Group Investments in its indirect investments into ILTA Grain Inc., a leading originator, processor and exporter of pulse crops from Canada.
- Vertex Resource Group Ltd. in the completion of a qualifying transaction and related listing on the TSX Venture Exchange.
- Zenith Energy Ltd. in ongoing commercial and operational advice related to operations in Azerbaijan, and in the identification and evaluation of new business ventures.
- The placement agents for Athabasca Oil Corporation, as Canadian counsel, in the private placement of US$450M of 9.875% senior secured second lien notes due 2022.
- Xtreme Drilling and Coil Services Corp. in its $205M sale to two affiliated companies of Schlumberger Limited of its XSR Coiled Tubing Services Segment.
- Canamax Energy Ltd. with its going private transaction with a group consisting of Edge Natural Resources LLC, Canamax senior management and certain Canamax shareholders for a transaction value of approximately $82M, by way of plan of arrangement.
- Altura Energy Inc. (formerly Northern Spirit Resources Inc.) in connection with its reorganization and investment agreement for (i) a non-brokered private placement for proceeds of approximate $25M (ii) the appointment of a new management team and (iii) a rights offering to current holders of common shares.
- Canamax Energy Ltd. in its acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Powder Mountain Energy Ltd., by way of a plan of arrangement, for C$27.6M worth of Canamax shares.
- Equal Energy Ltd. in the sale of all of its issued and outstanding common shares to Petroflow Energy Corporation and Petroflow Canada Acquisition Corp. for approximately US$230M.
- PetroChina International Investment Company Limited, directly and indirectly through its subsidiary Phoenix Energy Holdings Limited, in its C$1.9B acquisition of a 60% working interest in Athabasca Oil Corp.’s MacKay River and Dover oil sands projects, and in its subsequent acquisitions of the remaining 40% interest in the MacKay River project for C$680M and the remaining 40% interest in the Dover project for C$1.2B.
IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms 2021
Notable Practitioner in Capital Markets and Corporate and M&A
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Corporate Mid-Market; Corporate Finance & Securities; Mergers & Acquisitions
Lexpert Special Edition: Energy
Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading Lawyer: Corporate Law and Securities Law
Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada
Corporate Lawyer to Watch (2015)
Lexpert’s Rising Stars
Leading Lawyers Under 40