Ainslie Hurd is an associate in our Business Law Group in Vancouver. She maintains a corporate and commercial practice, including cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate finance and corporate governance, with a primary focus on the mining sector.
Ainslie has experience advising domestic and international clients with respect to mining projects, asset and share sales, joint ventures, metal streaming transactions and royalties, and has also acted for clients in connection with plans of arrangement, corporate reorganizations, public offerings and private placements.
- Counsel to Skeena Resources Limited on its C$46 million offering of common shares
- Counsel to China Molybdenum on its US$550 million gold and silver streaming transaction with Triple Flag Precious Metals for the Northparkes copper mine in Australia
- Counsel to SSR Mining on its C$2.41 billion at-market merger of equals transaction with Alacer Gold to form a combined company worth C$5.6 billion
- Counsel to Newcrest Mining on its US$460 million acquisition of gold prepay and silver stream facilities and offtake on Lundin Gold's Fruta del Norte gold mine in Ecuador from Orion and Blackstone
- Counsel to Zijin Mining on its C$1.4 billion acquisition of all of the shares of Continental Gold
- Counsel to Newcrest Mining on its US$804 million acquisition of a 70% joint venture interest in the Red Chris copper and gold mine in British Columbia from Imperial Metals
- Counsel to Skeena Resources Limited on an option agreement with Hochschild Mining Holdings Limited to earn a 60% undivided interest in Skeena’s Snip Gold Project and C$6.76 million equity investment from Hochschild
- Counsel to Vale on its US$690 million cobalt streaming transaction with Wheaton Precious Metals and Cobalt 27
- Counsel to Newcrest Mining on its US$250 million strategic investment to acquire 27% of the shares of TSX-listed Lundin Gold which operates the Fruta del Norte gold mine in Ecuador
- Counsel to Glencore on establishment of a 50/50 BaseCore royalty and streaming joint venture with Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and the transfer to BaseCore of Glencore's $300 million base metals royalty portfolio
- Counsel to Goldcorp Inc. on its acquisition of a 50% interest in the Cerro Casale project from Kinross Gold Corporation and Barrick Gold Corporation and the formation of a 50/50 joint venture with Barrick over the Cerro Casale, Quebrada Seca and Caspiche projects in Chile’s Maricunga district
- Counsel to Goldcorp Inc. in the US$450 million sale of its Los Filos Mine in Mexico to Leagold Mining Corporation
Ainslie joined the firm as a summer student in 2014. She obtained her Bachelor of Music in 2011 and her JD in 2015, both from the University of British Columbia.
Ainslie was called to the bar in British Columbia in 2016. She is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia and the Canadian Bar Association.