Ainslie Hurd is an associate in our Business Law Group in Vancouver. She maintains a general corporate and commercial practice, including mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate finance and corporate governance, with a primary focus on the mining sector.
- Counsel to SSR Mining in its definitive agreement with Alacer Gold for a C$2.41 billion at-market merger of equals to form a combined company worth C$5.6 billion
- Counsel to Newcrest Mining on its US$460 million acquisition of gold prepay and silver stream facilities and offtake on Lundin Gold's Fruta del Norte gold mine in Ecuador from Orion and Blackstone
- Counsel to Newcrest Mining in its US$804 million acquisition of a 70% joint venture interest in the Red Chris copper and gold mine in British Columbia from Imperial Metals
- Counsel to Skeena Resources Limited on an option agreement with Hochschild Mining Holdings Limited to earn a 60% undivided interest in Skeena’s Snip Gold Project and C$6.76 million equity investment from Hochschild
- Counsel to Vale on its US$690 million cobalt streaming transaction with Wheaton Precious Metals and Cobalt 27
- Counsel to Newcrest Mining on its US$250 million strategic investment to acquire 27% of the shares of TSX-listed Lundin Gold which operates the Fruta del Norte gold mine in Ecuador
- Counsel to Glencore on establishment of a 50/50 BaseCore royalty and streaming joint venture with Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and the transfer to BaseCore of Glencore's $300 million base metals royalty portfolio
- Counsel to Goldcorp Inc. on its acquisition of a 50% interest in the Cerro Casale project from Kinross Gold Corporation and Barrick Gold Corporation and the formation of a 50/50 joint venture with Barrick over the Cerro Casale, Quebrada Seca and Caspiche projects in Chile’s Maricunga district
- Counsel to Goldcorp Inc. in the US$450 million sale of its Los Filos Mine in Mexico to Leagold Mining Corporation
Ainslie joined the firm as a summer student in 2014. She obtained her Bachelor of Music in 2011 and her JD in 2015, both from the University of British Columbia.
Ainslie was called to the bar in British Columbia in 2016. She is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia and the Canadian Bar Association.