Both start-ups and established life sciences businesses in jurisdictions around the world rely on McCarthy Tétrault to meet their complex business and legal requirements
Whether it is advice on corporate finance and mergers & acquisitions, investments or divestitures, cross-border structuring, intellectual property protection, regulatory matters or international licensing transactions, McCarthy Tétrault has a long-established track record of delivering timely, practical and effective advice to our life sciences clients.
We are a full-service law firm with extensive experience in life sciences throughout Canada. We deliver comprehensive and coordinated services to our clients. We draw on the expertise of our lawyers across our firm to create client service teams to solve legal and business issues. Our life sciences lawyers are active participants in the life sciences community and have a deep understanding of the industry, including its transactions and trends. As a life sciences client, you will have immediate access to our top life sciences lawyers in each of our offices across Canada.
McCarthy Tétrault has the industry and legal knowledge.
- Our team includes lawyers accomplished in the areas of corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, cross-border transactions, intellectual property, technology transfer, drug and health regulation, commercialization, labour and employment, tax, and litigation.
- Many of our lawyers hold scientific degrees in a wide range of life sciences-related areas or have industry work experience. Our clients value our business-focused approach, which is informed by our scientific knowledge.
- All of our patent agents are lawyers and are registered to represent our clients in Canada and the United States. We have consistently demonstrated our ability to create comprehensive business-focused intellectual property and regulatory strategies to protect the core assets of life sciences businesses.
McCarthy Tétrault has the transactional experience.
- Experience counts. We represent many of the most sophisticated and respected private and public biotechnology, medical device, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, academic and research institutions, underwriters, venture capitalists and private equity funds active in life sciences in Canada and around the world.
- Over the last two decades, we have represented our clients on a wide range of matters, from significant transactions to the development of intellectual property protection strategies.
We would be delighted to provide you with references or transaction lists upon request. We are here to help. Let us put our knowledge, experience and contacts to work for you.