Charles-Antoine is known for his practical approach to matters and for his ability to build trusting relationship with clients
Charles-Antoine Soulière is a partner in the Business Law Group. His practice is focused on the areas of securities, corporate finance, insurance companies and financial institutions, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Charles-Antoine advises numerous organizations in a variety of industries including finance, life sciences, mid-market corporate commercial and mining and metals. He advises issuers and underwriters in public offerings (including initial public offerings) and private investments, as well as Canadian public companies on their governance and ongoing disclosure obligations. Charles-Antoine establishes a true relationship of trust and a close collaboration with clients.
This approach also allows him to help start-ups manage the legal aspects of their growth. Charles-Antoine participates in major mergers and acquisitions transactions in which he acts for buyers and purchasers of public and private companies, particularly in the context of public offerings to purchase and close public companies.
Charles-Antoine notably participated in the following transactions:
- Acquisition of Dynamic Risk by Eddyfi/NDT
- A syndicate of underwriters led by National Bank Financial Inc., RBC Capital Markets, Scotiabank and TD Securities Inc. in the IPO of Dialogue Technologies on the TSX
- Several public offerings and financing facilities for Aptose Biosciences, a biotechnology company based in San Diego and Toronto and listed on NASDAQ and the TSX
- The acquisitions of Halfwave AS and NDT Global by Eddyfi and their financing by Novacap and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- Several iA Financial Group public offerings through syndicate of dealers, including the most recent issuance of $400 million in debentures
- Public offerings for Medicenna Therapeutics, a Toronto-based biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ and the TSX
- Total financings of $300 million of La Capitale Financial Group and SSQ Financial Group
- $300 million financing arrangements of Champion Iron
- Initial public offering of US$95 million of Milestone Pharmaceuticals
- Merger of the Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec with Caisse centrale Desjardins du Québec
- Merger of SSQ, General Insurance Company and SSQ, Insurance Company
- Acquisition by Desjardins Group of State Farm’s Canadian activities
- Acquisition by Amaya Gaming of Oldford Group for US$4.9 billion and financing of the acquisition by GSO Capital Partners and Canaccord Genuity through private placements
- Acquisition of Medicago by Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation by way of plan of arrangement
Charles completed his Bachelor of Law from Université de Sherbrooke in 2007 and was admitted to the Québec Bar in 2008. He sits on the board of École des Ursulines de Québec.