In today’s fast-paced and rapidly changing institutional lending environment, be it bank lending, asset-based lending or project financing, you need superb counsel.
Foreign and domestic banks, financial institutions, institutional investors, investment dealers, issuers and underwriters rely on McCarthy Tétrault to develop and implement sophisticated lending transactions smoothly in domestic, cross-border and international markets.
Why do leading institutional clients seek our advice on complex financings throughout North America and internationally? Because:
- We have Canada’s pre-eminent lending practice. They benefit from our strategic focus on the financial services sector and our strength in the real estate sector, both ranked as top-tier by leading international and national legal directories.
- We are syndicated financing experts. We customarily advise banks and institutional investors on structuring and negotiating their most complex transactions, ranging from the largest syndicated corporate credits in the Canadian marketplace to sophisticated commercial credits.
- We combine deep experience in all aspects of asset-based lending, mezzanine debt lending and convertible debt financings. Many of Canada’s largest providers of structured capital choose McCarthy Tétrault because our lawyers are recognized among the foremost experts. We are experienced with the full spectrum of transactions – senior debt, mezzanine debt, convertible debt and various structured forms of preferred equity.
- We are a recognized project finance leader in Canadian and international markets. Our broad-based experience in Canada extends to most of the country’s major project finance transactions in the power, resource, real estate, technology and infrastructure sectors. We routinely represent international bank syndicates on project finance matters.
- Through our offices across Canada and in the UK, we provide seamless advice on financings involving issues that are cross-provincial, cross-border and international.
- We are cross-border experts. We are leaders in the field of sophisticated cross-border debt financings, acting for both Canadian and US lenders.