In today's complex corporate environment, disputes come with the territory.
They have the potential to consume valuable time and energy. Working with a law firm to resolve disputes means carefully considering all of the options and implementing a carefully crafted strategy.
Whether your dispute involves commercial agreements, contracts, transactions, relationships, compliance matters or allegations of negligence, McCarthy Tétrault litigators will ensure that they completely understand your goals and priorities. Once they are identified, we work closely with you to execute the most efficient strategy to assist you to reach your goals.
McCarthy Tétrault is Canada's premier corporate commercial litigation law firm, with more experience in domestic and cross-border dispute resolution, both in and out of the courtroom, than any other Canadian law firm.
We help you achieve optimal results because:
- We resolve your disputes in the most creative, timely and effective way. We have a deep level of experience in the full range of legal strategies. We will consider all forms of resolution where appropriate. These might include efficient early negotiated settlement, the use of alternative dispute resolution techniques or the use of the persuasive power of the court process.
- We have the strongest litigation practice in Canada. As the nation's pre-eminent litigation firm for over 150 years, we have top-ranked practitioners in every region across the country. Our litigators have earned their top-ranked reputations with successive victories in corporate commercial litigation, including many of the most significant cases in Canada.
- We tell you your chances of success. We have the experience to evaluate complex business situations and compare them to expected litigation outcomes.
- We offer depth and expertise. Our top-ranked practitioners represent your interests in disputes across multiple provincial and international jurisdictions. We partner with specialists across our firm in leading practice areas including banking, competition, corporate finance, government, intellectual property, labour and employment, professional liability, real estate, securities, tax and technology, among others.
- We tailor our approach to your specific needs: your issues, urgency and financial stakes.
We are consistently recommended as leading counsel for disputes over banking, commercial contracts, shareholder matters and fiduciary obligations. Our litigators are recognized as among the country’s most creative lawyers. We have acted for domestic and international organizations of every size in every sector – from financial institutions, manufacturers and service companies to public sector concerns.
Working with our corporate commercial litigators to develop and execute your dispute resolution strategy will give you a significant competitive advantage.
Band 1 - Corporate Commercial: The Elite - British Columbia & Québec
Band 1 - Litigation: General Commercial - Canada, Ontario
Corporate Commercial: The Elite - Leading Firm for Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Québec
Litigation: General Commercial - Leading Firm - Alberta, British Columbia, Québec
Litigation: Products Liability - Leading Firm