The Pharmaceutical Group at McCarthy Tétrault offers a full range of legal services focused on pharmaceuticals from professionals with industry experience, including business, litigation, tax, intellectual property, marketing and advertising, labour, health and environmental.
We are a top-tier law firm with international depth that will act as a strategic partner in advancing your business goals in Canada and abroad.
No other Canadian law firm has a more intimate knowledge of your industry. We understand your technology, the marketplace and the legislative and regulatory regimes at both federal and provincial levels.
You can look to us to help create innovative business solutions. We have the depth and breadth of resources to deal with all your other major legal needs. We take a team approach, combining our major areas of legal and subject-matter expertise to provide legal services in an effective and efficient manner.
Specifically, we offer to:
- protect and enforce your patents;
- strategically plan your patent portfolios;
- defend products liability and class actions;
- obtain regulatory approvals from Health Canada;
- advise on the marketing of drug and medical devices in Canada;
- appear before the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board;
- consider the implications of requests under the Access to Information Act; and
- offer a suite of commercial law services relating to reorganization, taxation, employment, immigration and other corporate needs.
We represent leading innovator or brand manufacturer multinationals in Canada and routinely work with some of the largest law firms in the world. In every aspect of your business, you can rely on us as your strategic partner.