Valérie Mac-Seing is a partner in the Montréal office. She practises commercial law, with broad expertise in real estate transactions and structured finance.
Ms. Mac-Seing advises real estate investment funds, pension funds, foreign investors, lenders, and real estate promoters in all aspects of their real estate transactions and represents lenders and borrowers in the implementation of interim and permanent financing and in the financing of large corporations. She is also involved in the real estate aspect of commercial transactions such as the development and financing of projects in the energy, mining and infrastructures sectors. She has recently advised on:
- development of mixed-use complexes and commercial co-ownerships;
- multi-layered real estate transactions and joint ventures;
- purchase and sale of retail, commercial and residential real estate portfolios;
- acquisition of first-class hotels by foreign investors;
- leasing of retail, office and industrial space;
- establishment of development partnerships;
- cross-border financing of public multinationals;
- syndicated financing of local and national companies;
- domestic and cross-border acquisition financing;
- debt restructuring;
- implementation of security in multijurisdictional transactions;
- acquisition and financing of mining rights;
- development, implementation and financing of energy projects; and
- leasing and creation of real rights of docking pads and infrastructure for maritime terminals and ancillary activities.
She regularly speaks at conferences and writes on a variety of real estate topics. Ms. Mac-Seing wrote an article titled: ‘’Prête-nom dans le cadre de transactions immobilières aux Québec : défis et enjeux’’ that was published in the book Développements récents en droit immobilier et commercial. She taught the real estate financing course for MBA students at the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQÀM) and commercial leasing at the McGill University Law Faculty.
She sits on the board of directors of the Urban Development Institute of Québec, is a member of the jury of the Inova Awards Committee of the Urban Development Institute of Québec and is Vice-President of the Real Property Quebec Section of the Canadian Bar Association.
Ms. Mac-Seing received her B.C.L./LL.B. in 1997 from McGill University. She was called to the Québec Bar in 1999.