Stephen Livergant, K.C., is a counsel in our Real Property & Planning Group in Calgary. His practice involves all aspects of commercial real estate with particular emphasis on development, acquisitions and divestitures and financing. Stephen represents public real estate companies including a real estate investment trust and has acted as a director of one such company. He acts regularly for a major international retailer, developers, real estate brokerage firms and lenders.
In the course of his practice Stephen has acted, and continues to act, in respect of the following:
- commercial real estate acquisitions and sales of lands for development into residential and commercial projects including shopping centres, condominium complexes, both traditional and bareland, and industrial buildings;
- representation in respect of the development and sale of a major resort property in the Calgary area;
- representing purchasers and vendors in the purchase and sale of commercial property portfolios;
- preparation of commercial mortgage financing including financing in respect of development projects on behalf of lenders and advising borrowers;
- advises in respect of real estate matters regarding equity financings including private placements and public offerings;
- advises real estate brokerage companies in respect of licensing matters and general real estate law; and
- preparation of documentation with respect to the syndication of real estate including co-ownership and limited partnerships.
Stephen has participated in real estate seminars on behalf of the Legal Education Society of Alberta, Grant MacEwan College, Continuing Legal Education and has presented to the International Council of Shopping Centres and the Mortgage Loans Association. As well he lectures at the bar admission course in real estate. He is a member of the Law Society of Alberta, Canadian Bar Association and Calgary Bar Association.
Stephen received his Bachelor of Commerce in 1978 from the University of Saskatchewan and his LLB from the University of Alberta in 1979. He was called to the Alberta bar in 1980.
Senior Statespeople: Real Estate - Alberta
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Property Development
Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading lawyer in the area of Real Estate Law