Marie Rondeau is an associate in our Litigation Group in Montréal. Her practice is focused on commercial litigation, more specifically class actions, corporate law, real estate law, contract law and consumer law. She regularly represents clients before courts of first instance and courts of appeal.
From 2017 to 2018, Marie was assigned to the litigation department of a major telecommunications company as a legal advisor in commercial litigation.
The various mandates that Marie has fulfilled include:
- Acting for one of Canada’s leading telecommunications companies in a class action challenging its business practices with respect to collect calls;
- Acting for a leading Canadian bank targeted by a class action related to its reward program;
- Acting for a leading Canadian bank in a class action regarding its business practices with respect to foreign exchange conversion fees on direct brokerage transactions;
- Acting for real estate developers, property managers, lessors and lessees in the context of real estate litigations related to commercial leases, actions in execution of title, issues related to servitudes or other real rights, including interim, interlocutory and permanent injunctions;
- Acting for Raymond Chabot Administrateur Provisoire, the provisional administrator to certain assets of Dominic Lacroix pursuant to an Act respecting the Regulation of the Financial Sector. This was the first time a provisional administrator was able to seize cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) in the context of its mandate.
- Acting for a leading telecommunications company in Canada in the context of contractual disputes, access to information, fraud and product liability;
- Acting for shareholders or various companies in the context of oppression remedy and directors’ liability;
- Acting for various companies in non-compete and non-solicitation clause disputes;
- Acting for various companies in seizures before judgment and other extraordinary measures.
Marie obtained her Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) and Bachelor of Common Law (JD) degrees from McGill University. Called to the Québec Bar in 2016, Marie is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Young Bar Association of Montréal.
Since 2019, Marie has served on the Board of Directors of the Association des popotes roulantes du Montréal métropolitain.