James Kelsall is an associate in McCarthy Tétrault’s Real Property & Planning Group in Toronto. James maintains a general transactional projects and infrastructure practice, with an emphasis on project development and the procurement, financing and delivery of major construction and infrastructure projects, including under the public-private partnership (PPP) framework. James has experience advising both public and private sector clients with respect to the development and negotiation of construction documentation.
Relevant recent experience includes:
- advising Infrastructure Ontario, Metrolinx and other public sector clients on the procurement and closing of a number of recent projects, including the New Toronto Courthouse Project, Macdonald Block Reconstruction Project and the Hurontario LRT Project;
- advising Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx on the Line 2 East Subway Expansion;
- advising Toronto Waterfront Revitalization Corporation in relation to the Quayside project with Sidewalk Labs;
- advising private sector equity sponsors and lenders on a number of recent PPP projects, including:
- Mount Sinai Hospital Phase 3A Project;
- the Federation Line (Ottawa Light Rail) Project;
- Penticton Hospital Project;
- City of Moncton Downtown Recreation Centre Project;
- Calgary Compost Facility Project;
- North Island Hospitals Project.
- advising a number of private sector clients on the development of standard form and project-specific construction documentation.
James received his BA from McGill University in 2008, his JD from Queen’s University in 2012, and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2013. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association.