Conrad is an associate in the Information Technology Law Group and the Fintech Group. He maintains a general corporate and commercial practice with a primary focus on emerging technologies in the banking, insurance, and other regulated industries. Conrad advises clients on complex outsourcing, licensing, systems development (including using the agile development lifecycle), software-as-a-service (SaaS), and cloud computing transactions.
In 2014, Conrad completed a three-month secondment with the Ontario Security Commission in its corporate finance branch and, in 2016, Conrad completed a six-month secondment with a leading Canadian telecom company in its procurement group.
SELECT COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE
Conrad has recently acted or advised:
- A US-based technology company for its provision of IT outsourcing services (using vested outsourcing principles) to a group of hospitals;
- A leading Canadian telecom company in its development of its procurement contract precedents;
- An InsurTech company in its negotiation of its customer-facing SaaS agreement for the provision of its regulatory screening platform with Canada’s leading life insurance institutions; and
SELECT M&A EXPERIENCE:
Conrad has provided technology-related advice to:
- The LOGiQ3 Group in its sale to RGAx LLC; and
- Toronto-Dominion Bank in its C$792 million acquisition of Greystone Managed Investments
Conrad received his BASc in Computer Engineering (Hons) from the University of Waterloo in 2006 and his JD from Western University in 2014. Conrad was called to the Ontario bar in 2015. He is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, Canadian Bar Association, Ontario Bar Association, and CAN-TECH, and currently sits as the vice-chair of the Toronto Computer Lawyers Group. Prior to practising law, Conrad was a video-game developer and the lead programmer on a variety of award-winning video games for mobile devices and consoles.