Annie Gagnon-Larocque is a partner in our Real Property and Planning Group in Montréal. She also has an active leadership in the firm’s Real Property & Planning Group and acts as the Group’s lead for the Québec region.
Ms. Gagnon-Larocque represents and advises clients on a variety of transactions notably real estate acquisitions, real estate financings, property development, commercial leasing, and joint venture transactions. She represents financial institutions and public and private companies in the senior housing, retail and hotel industries.
Most recently, Ms. Gagnon-Larocque has represented:
- the joint venture between Réseau Sélection and Revera Inc. in the acquisition of three properties in the Greater Montréal Area, and related financing;
- the joint venture between Réseau Sélection and Revera Inc. for numerous construction loan facilities as part of Réseau Sélection’s five-year investment plan to build 30 new residential complexes for Québec seniors;
- GE Capital Corporation in the sale of the Canadian component of its global real estate equity assets and commercial real estate loans to subsidiaries of The Blackstone Group and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. for the approximate value of US$26 billion;
- Simon Property Group Inc., in their joint venture with Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust and SmartCentres for the acquisition of the site for the development of a second Premium Outlet Centre in Canada;
- Canadian and foreign financial institutions in the financing of the acquisition of large real estate assets, including multi-residential apartment complexes, industrial, commercial and office properties;
- Shell Canada Products for the sale of 236 Shell Branded retail stations and convenience food stores in Québec and the Maritimes to Sobeys;
- to clients from various industries, including the technology, and food and services industries, in connection with the drafting and negotiating of leases.
Ms. Gagnon-Larocque was named Student and Articling Student Mentor of the Year for 2009.
Ms. Gagnon-Larocque is a regular speaker at conferences in the real estate industry. More recently, she authored "Mixed-Use Development: A Balancing Act", on the blog The Lay of the Land and was a speaker at the 2016 McCarthy Tétrault Continuing Professional Development Day: on the topic of "Mixed use of co-ownership. Merchants and residents: how to ensure a peaceful cohabitation!". She was a speaker at the May 2016 – Forum avancé sur les aspects juridiques, financiers et d’affaires des Baux commerciaux – Les baux pour des usages alternatifs dans les centres commerciaux (incluant les pop-up stores) et les locaux de "co-working" dans les immeubles à bureaux (Advanced Forum on Leasing – Leases for alternative spaces in shopping centres and co-working spaces in office buildings and speaker at the 2014 – Forum Leadership pour avocates et conseillères juridiques – Improving Your Networking Abilities to Help You Develop Better & More Strategic Business Relationships (Leadership Forum for women lawyers and legal counsels).
Ms. Gagnon-Larocque was President of CREW Montréal (Commercial Real Estate Women) from 2012 to 2014 and sat on the board of directors as Financing and Sponsorship Director. She was a finalist in the Rising Star category at the 2009 and 2010 Evening of Excellence. She is also a member of CREW Montreal, ICSC, the Urban Development Institute and the Canadian Bar Association.
Ms. Gagnon-Larocque received her BA degree with specialization in French Literature and Translation from McGill University in 1999 and her integrated BCL/LLB degree from McGill University in 2002.
Leading Lawyer: Real Estate - Québec
The Legal 500 - Canada
Leading Individual: Real Estate
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Property Development; Property Leasing
The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada
Leading Lawyer: Property Development
Lexpert Special Edition: Infrastructure
Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading Lawyer in the area of Real Estate Law