Lawyer Profile Detail
AREA OF EXPERTISE
Université de Montréal
Université de Sherbrooke
Anne-Élisabeth Simard is an associate in our Litigation Group in Montréal. Her practice encompasses civil and commercial litigation, securities litigation, class actions, securities and financial products regulation, administrative law, franchise law and professional liability. In addition to litigation, Ms. Simard also practises competition law, in particular with respect to cartel and bid-rigging investigations.
The following are some of the mandates in which Ms. Simard has been involved as part of her work at McCarthy Tétrault:
- member of a team representing a major Canadian financial institution in connection with a bank liability dispute;
- member of a team representing a major Canadian brokerage firm in a securities arbitration case;
- member of a team representing a major Canadian retailer in connection with a minority shareholder oppression remedy;
- member of a team representing a major telecommunications infrastructure company in a commercial dispute;
- member of a team representing a major production house in judicial review proceedings.
Ms. Simard has been involved in the preparation of presentations on franchising and cyber security law. Among other things, she has co-authored an article entitled "Bill C-13: Lawful Access and the Relationship Between Organizations."
Ms. Simard obtained a Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) from Université de Sherbrooke in 2013 and completed the North American common law program (Juris Doctor) at Université de Montréal in 2015.
Ms. Simard is a member of the Young Bar Association of Montreal and the Canadian Bar Association. She was called to the Québec Bar in 2015.
Transactions & Cases
Québec Superior Court renders decisions on constitutional case involving Québec's Environment Quality Act