Firuz Rahimi is an associate in our Business Law Group in Calgary. He maintains a general corporate and securities practice that includes corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Firuz’s representative experience includes:
- Altius Renewable Royalties Corp., in its initial public offering of common shares
- Canadian Overseas Petroleum Limited in its acquisition of Atomic Oil and Gas LLC
- OMERS and Teranet Inc. on the C$530 million sale of DoProcess LP to Dye & Durham Limited
- Novacap in its acquisition of a majority interest in Optiom
- Parsons Inc. and Colas Infrastructure Canada GP, in finalizing the project agreement to design, build and finance Edmonton's Valley Line West LRT Project
- the syndicate of lenders in providing C$1.5 billion in financing for Alberta's new Cascade Power Project
- Methanex in its offering of US$700 million 7-year notes via a prospectus supplement
Firuz received a Bachelor of Arts in political science (with great distinction) in 2015 and a Juris Doctor (with great distinction) in 2018 both from the University of Saskatchewan. After law school, he clerked at the Court of Appeal for Saskatchewan for Justices Jackson, Ryan-Froslie and Barrington-Foote.