Disponible en Anglais seulement
Andrea Kareclas is Counsel in our Financial Services Group in Toronto.
Andrea’s practice focuses on banking and secured lending transactions, including senior and subordinate loans, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional transactions, syndicated financings, subscription facilities, acquisition financings, mezzanine lending, bond financings and asset-based lending transactions.
Prior to specializing in financial services, Andrea maintained a broad corporate practice where she worked on corporate governance matters and advised both issuers and underwriters in corporate transactions including private placements and prospectus offerings. She also has experience advising on public and private mergers & acquisitions and was seconded to Bell Canada’s Corporate Strategy and M&A group.
Andrea’s transactional experience includes acting for:
- Brookfield Infrastructure and GIC in the US$8.4 billion acquisition financing of Genesee & Wyoming Inc., a US freight railroad owner and operator
- the administrative agent and a syndicate of lenders on the U.S.$5.7 billion acquisition financing of DH Corporation
- a leading Canadian bank in its establishment of a multi-million dollar facility to serve as liquidity for a central clearing party
- Northleaf Capital Partners in the C$175 million senior credit facility provided to VetCare Canada Inc.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, a US-based private equity firm, on its acquisition financing of PwC’s Canadian mobility tax and immigration services practice
- Enercare Connections Inc. in its green bond offering and credit facility establishment
- Rhône Capital in its US$500 million equity investment in Hudson’s Bay Company
- Direct Energy, a retailer of energy and energy services, on the sale of its Ontario home services business to Enercare
- multiple banks on subscription facilities/capital call facilities for private equity funds
- multiple issuers on their private placements to fund capital projects
Andrea is a speaker and panelist at financial services seminars for various financial institution clients, often presenting on credit concepts and developing trends in the debt markets.
Andrea is a Co-Founder and Board Member of Banking Together, a network for women, women-identifying and non-binary professionals in Toronto’s banking and financial services sector. Banking Together aims to foster an inclusive environment for equity-seeking professionals to connect, support and share opportunities with one another through every stage of their careers in order to achieve success and emerge as leaders.
Andrea has also served on the board of two not-for-profit organizations and is a volunteer for Pro Bono Ontario.
Andrea received her JD (cum laude) from the University of Ottawa where she obtained the Ed Ratushny Prize in Public Law and graduated in the top 10% of her class. She also holds a MA and Hons. BA (with Distinction) from the University of Toronto. Andrea is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association.