Skip to content.

SSR Mining and Alacer Gold announce plans for at-market merger valued at C$5.6B

Date Closed

September 15, 2020

Lead Office



2.41 Billion CAD

On May 11, 2020, SSR Mining and Alacer Gold announced their entering into a definitive agreement to combine in an at-market merger of equals valued at C$2.41 billion. The combined entity will be a global diversified gold producer with a market capitalization of approximately C$5.6 billion. It will continue to operate as SSR Mining Inc. and will be headquartered in Denver, Colorado.

At closing, SSR Mining shareholders will own approximately 57% of the issued and outstanding shares and Alacer shareholders will own the remaining 43% of shares. The transaction will be carried out by way of a court approved plan of arrangement.

SSR Mining is a Canadian-based precious metals producer with three major operations in Canada, the USA, and Argentina.

McCarthy Tetrault is advising SSR with a team led by Roger Taplin that includes Pavan Jawanda, Nathan Robb, Ainslie Hurd, Carl Dahlen, and Thomas Fox (M&A), Jason Gudofsky and Kate McNeece (Competition), Kim Brown and Raj Juneja (Tax), and John Boscariol (Anti-Corruption).