Skip to content.

Eolectric Club and Fiera Axium Infrastructure Canada complete Vents du Kempt wind power project financing

Date Closed

June 10, 2013

Lead Office


On June 10, 2013, Eolectric Club, L.P. and Fiera Axium Infrastructure Canada Limited Partnership announced that Vents du Kempt Wind Power, L.P. completed the successful closing of the Vents du Kempt wind power project senior debt financing provided by co-arrangers KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH and The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company as well as Caisse de Dépôt et Placement du Québec. Eolectric Club, L.P. holds a 51% interest in Vents du Kempt Wind Power, L.P., the remaining 49% interest being held by Fiera Axium Infrastructure Canada, Limited Partnership.

The 101 MW project, which executed a 20-year power purchase agreement with Hydro-Quebec Distribution as a result of the 2005 call for tenders for 2,000 MW of wind power, is composed of 44 2.35 MW Enercon wind turbines in the municipalities of Causapscal and Sainte-Marguerite-Marie in the municipal regional county of Matapédia, Québec.

Fiera Axium Infrastructure, headquartered in Toronto, is a private equity firm.

Eolectric, headquartered in Brossard, Québec, develops, constructs and operates wind farm projects throughout Canada and Mexico

McCarthy Tétrault LLP represented Eolectric and Fiera Axium Infrastructure, with a team led by Richard O'Doherty.