Skip to content.

BC Partners to acquire C$5.2B majority stake in GardaWorld

Date Closed

October 30, 2019

Lead Office



5.20 Billion CAD

On July 23, 2019 BC Partners announced a deal to acquire a majority interest in GardaWorld from Rhone Capital for C$5.2 billion, the largest private buyout in Canadian History.

The acquisition will see BC Partners, a London-based private equity firm, take on a 51 per cent interest in GardaWorld. The remaining 49 per cent interest will be owned by Stephan Crétier and select members of GardaWorld's management team. The partnership with BC Partners will fuel GardaWorld's continued growth and pursuit of becoming a global leader in security services.

Rhone Capital is a global private equity firm, specializing in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, and partnerships with particular focus on European and trans-Atlantic investments. 

GardaWorld is the largest privately owned security services company in the world. They deploy armoured trucks and security personnel to protect clients that range from New York financial institutions to African embassies and Canadian airports.

McCarthy Tétrault LLP is advising Rhone Capital with a team led by Clemens Mayr that includes Fraser Bourne (M&A), Fred Purkey and Angelo Discepola (Tax), Dominic Thérien and Debbie Salzberger (Competition law).