Consumers, businesses, regulators and large investors are focused on the risks and opportunities resulting from the climate change phenomena and the emergence of Clean Technology. And so is McCarthy Tétrault.
Our Clean Technology practice is built upon our firm’s leadership in the renewable energy, environmental and technology fields.
We provide business-driven advice and strategic counsel through all stages of a company’s development — from early-stage funding to project finance to public company disclosure. When it comes to clean technology and renewable energy concerns, major companies and investors rely on us.
Our clients represent a broad range of:
- renewable power and project finance companies;
- emerging clean technology companies and investors, including venture capital and private equity funds; and
- private and public businesses impacted by climate change.
Our Clean Technology team has extensive experience in:
- power project development and finance;
- generation technologies, including co-generation, biomass, wind and landfill gas;
- technology licensing, distribution and alliance agreements;
- US/international financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions;
- physical and financial energy trading contracts; and
- patent, trade-mark and copyright protection, registration and licensing.
You will benefit from the breadth and depth of our practice and experience. We have bench strength across the country in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal, Québec City and overseas in London, UK. We also draw on the strength of the firm’s other areas of expertise, such as technology & licensing, power, energy, environmental, and intellectual property.