You need timely and innovative structured financing techniques to excel in capital markets.
McCarthy Tétrault has one of the top structured finance and securitization practices in Canada. We deliver practical and innovative advice combined with timely service in achieving your objectives.
We regularly support clients in a wide variety of structured finance and securitization transactions, including:
- single- and multi-seller securitizations involving all asset classes, from auto loans and leases to credit card receivables, commercial and residential mortgages (CMBS, RMBS), collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), collateralized debt obligations (CDOs), equipment leases and more esoteric assets such as stranded costs;
- public market deals and private placements;
- complex lease-financing structures such as synthetic and leveraged leasing transactions, both domestic and cross-border, as well as tax-based structures, in a broad range of asset classes; and
- derivative transactions, such as credit derivatives, equity derivatives, securities lending transactions, interest rate and currency swaps, foreign exchange and commodity swaps, across domestic, cross-border and international markets.
We are the law firm of choice in this country for Canadian and international financial and banking institutions, investment dealers, issuers, credit enhancers, underwriters, trustees, liquidity providers and credit-rating agencies because:
- We are results oriented.
- We structure, negotiate and complete some of Canada's most effective and innovative structured finance and securitization transactions.
- In Canada’s financial centres in Toronto, Montréal, Calgary and Vancouver, our offices have lawyers committed to this specialty area.
- We have leading expertise in managing the issues that impact sophisticated structured financings, from tax and insolvency concerns to accounting, regulatory and market issues. Our multidisciplinary teams integrate practitioners at the top of their field in financial services, corporate finance, banking, derivatives, securities, real estate, tax, insolvency and restructuring, as well as other disciplines.
- We have top-ranked counsel. A number of our practitioners earn ongoing recognition as pre-eminent lawyers in the structured finance and securitization fields.