Xin Gao is a lawyer in our Business Law Group in Montréal. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions involving both publicly listed and privately held companies. She also advises clients on a variety of legal issues regarding securities regulations, corporate governance and corporate finance transactions.
Ms. Gao has been involved, among others, in the following transactions:
- acting for Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Alterra Power Corp. by way of a plan of arrangement;
- acting for Oaktree Capital Management L.P. in its indirect acquisition of Napec Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement;
- acting for HNZ Group Inc. in connection with its acquisition by Mr. Don E. Wall and PHI, Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement;
- acting for Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Tembec Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement;
- acting for Nord Gold SE in connection with its acquisition of Northquest Ltd. by way of a takeover bid;
- acting for Skion GmbH in connection with its acquisition of 70% of the shares of Ovivo Inc.;
- acting for Timbercreek in the merger of their two mortgage investment corporations which resulted in the largest mortgage investment corporation in Canada;
- acting for CGN Mining Company Limited in connection with its acquisition of 19.99% of the shares of Fission Uranium Corp.; and
- acting for various companies in connection with outsourcing arrangements with suppliers.
Ms. Gao obtained her Bachelor of Civil Law degree (LLB) from Université de Montréal in 2012. She then received a full Québec-China scholarship to continue her law studies in Beijing. In 2014, she obtained a Master of International Economic Law (LLM) from China University of Political Science and Law. Ms. Gao is fluent in French, English and Mandarin (both written and spoken) and is also a member of McCarthy Tétrault’s Asia Practice Group.
Ms. Gao is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Young Bar Association of Montreal and the Canada-China Business Council. She was called to the Québec Bar in 2014.