Xin Gao is a lawyer in our Business Law Group in Montréal. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, securities regulations and corporate governance. She had assisted clients operating in a wide-range of industries, including mining, power, construction and technology.
Xin’s recent transactions include the following:
- advising Zijin Mining on its C$1.4B acquisition of TSX-listed Continental Gold
- advising Shandong Gold Mining on its proposed US$300M acquisition of TSX-listed TMAC Resources
- advising Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. in its strategic alliance and private placement with Hydro-Québec
- advising various investors and renewable energy producers in the acquisitions and sales of power generating assets
- advising Bell in its acquisition of Groupe V Média
- advising TECSYS Inc. in its acquisition of PCSYS A/S, a Danish technology company
- advising TecAlliance GmbH, a German application software developer and provider in its acquisition of JNP Software International, a Quebec-based software company
- advising Pomerleau in the acquisition of a minority interest by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
Xin is fluent in French, English and Mandarin. As an active member of McCarthy Tétrault’s Asia Practice Group, she had advised Chinese businesses regarding their acquisition of Canadian targets and Canadian businesses with respect to their expansion in Asia.
Xin is a member of the Montreal Steering Committee of Women in Capital Markets and serves on the board of directors of the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers - Québec Division (FACL-QC).
Xin obtained her Bachelor of Civil Law degree (LLB) from Université de Montréal in 2012. In 2014, she obtained a Master of International Economic Law (LLM) from China University of Political Science and Law in Beijing.