Xin Gao is an associate in our Business Law Group in Montréal. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions involving both publicly listed and privately held companies. She also advice clients on a variety of legal issues regarding securities regulations, corporate governance and corporate finance transactions.
Ms. Gao has been involved, among others, in the following transactions:
- acting for Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Alterra Power Corp. by way of a plan of arrangement
- acting for Oaktree Capital Management L.P. in its indirect acquisition of Napec Inc. by by way of a plan of arrangement
- acting for HNZ Group Inc. in connection with its acquisition by Mr. Don E. Wall and PHI, Inc. by way of plan of arrangement;
- acting for Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Tembec Inc. by way of plan of arrangement;
- acting for Nord Gold SE in connection with its acquisition of Northquest Ltd. by way of takeover bid;
- acting for Skion GmbH in the connection with its acquisition of 70% of the shares of Ovivo Inc.
- acting for Timbercreek in the merger of their two mortgage investment corporations which resulted in the largest mortgage investment corporation in Canada;
- acting for CGN Mining Company Limited in connection with its acquisition of 19.99% of the shares of Fission Uranium Corp.; and
- acting for an aeronautics company in its global IT outsourcing agreement
Ms. Gao obtained her Bachelor of Civil Law degree (LLB) from Université de Montréal in 2012. She then received a full Québec-China scholarship to continue her law studies in Beijing. In 2014, she obtained a Master of International Economic Law (LLM) from China University of Political Science and Law. Ms. Gao is fluent in French, English and Mandarin (both written and spoken) and is also a member of McCarthy Tétrault’s Asia Practice Group.
Ms. Gao is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Young Bar Association of Montréal and the Canada-China Business Council. She was called to the Québec Bar in 2014.