William Lee is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Group in Toronto. He maintains an active financial services practice focusing on banking and finance transactions. Will advises domestic and international financial institutions, non-bank lenders, pension funds, private equity firms, other financial sponsors and corporate borrowers on all aspects of debt financing and corporate lending, including bilateral and syndicated financings, asset-based lending, first lien/second lien financings, multi-jurisdictional and multi-currency financings, and financial restructurings and workouts.
Being a native Korean speaker, Will is co-leading the firm’s South Korea Practice and is an active member of numerous Korean Canadian professional organizations and associations.
Will’s most recent mandates include:
- Counsel to Endeavour Mining Corporation in connection with the acquisition of Teranga Gold Corporation for $2.44 billion.
- Counsel to Instar Asset Management Inc. in connection with $90 million green loan credit facilities provided by Royal Bank of Canada, as administrative agent, and a syndicate of lenders.
- Canadian counsel to The Hertz Corporation and certain of its subsidiaries in connection with US$1.65 billion debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing as part of Hertz’s global restructuring effort under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Counsel to Canadian Imperial Bank of Canada, National Bank of Canada and a syndicate of senior lenders in connection with the refinancing of $335 million senior secured revolving facility and recapitalization plan of Just Energy Group Inc.
- Counsel to Credit Suisse AG, Cayman Islands Branch and a syndicate of lenders in connection with the financing of the acquisition by Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners of Xplornet Communications Inc.
- Counsel to administrative agents, syndicates and bridge lenders in connection with $2.4 billion acquisition by Brookfield Business Partners, L.P. of Genworth MI Canada Inc.
- Counsel to Newcrest Mining on its US$460 million acquisition from Orion and Blackstone of gold prepay and silver stream facilities and offtake over Lundin Gold’s Fruta del Norte mine in Ecuador.
- Counsel to National Bank of Canada and a syndicate of lenders in connection with $268 million financing of Golden South Wind energy facility.
- Counsel to Mondelez International in connection with its acquisition of a significant majority interest in Give & Go.
- Counsel to Northland Power in connection with a bought deal equity offering of $862.5 million.
- Counsel to National Bank of Canada and a syndicate of lenders in connection with $330 million acquisition financing of CSV Midstream Solutions Corp.
- Counsel to a consortium of buyers including Softbank, REEF Technology and Mubadala Capital in the acquisition financing of Impark from a subsidiary of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board.
- Counsel to the administrative agent and a syndicate of lenders in connection with US$550 million secured credit facilities for Fairfax India Holdings Inc.
- Counsel to Ontario Gaming West GTA Limited Partnership in connection with $285 million term and revolving credit facilities provided by a syndicate of lenders.
- Counsel to Ontario Gaming GTA Limited Partnership in connection with $1.05 billion syndicated secured credit facilities.
- Counsel to the lenders in connection with the project to design, build and finance nine separate Ontario Provincial Police facilities across the Province of Ontario.
- Counsel to the equity sponsors in connection with $106 million project financing transaction to design, build, finance and maintain the Hamilton Biosolids Management Project in Hamilton, Ontario.
Will is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Ontario Bar Association, the Canadian Bar Association, the Korean Canadian Lawyers Association and the International Association of Korean Lawyers.