With unparalleled experience and a recognized record of success, Véronique provides value-added advice for clients’ most sophisticated projects and transactions.
Véronique is a partner in our Business Law Group in Montréal Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity (including venture capital) and licensing matters, primarily for technology clients. She is also a Canadian Registered Trade-mark Agent and runs the firms Trademark practice in Quebec. Clients trust her pragmatic approach and breadth of experience to successfully guide them through complex transactions.
Véronique represents clients in a wide range of industries, including biotechnology, video games and computer software, automotive, and retail. Her broad scope of industry expertise and well-honed ability to understand our clients’ pain points and appetite for risk allow her to provide a seamless experience while consistently delivering results.
Véronique provides creative, workable advice on all commercial aspects of intellectual property law, including the drafting and negotiation of technology transfer agreements, intellectual property due diligence and strategic intellectual property portfolio management. Véronique was assigned to a secondment with two of the firm’s biggest clients, a venture capital institutional investor and a contract manufacturing and pharmaceuticals company. She translates this experience into a deep understanding of clients’ realities, which allows her to get deals done swiftly and effectively.
Some of Véronique’s notable work includes:
- acted for Tandem Expansion Fund in both the financing and exit from Solace Systems Inc., Acquisio Inc. and Coveo Solutions Inc.;
- acted for Barco Inc. in its acquisition of X20 Media Inc.;
- acted for LeddarTech in its $130 million dollar financing from various strategic and institutional sources;
- acted for Audiokinetic in its sale to Sony Interactive;
- acted for Exelerence Holdings in its sale to Cologix;
- acted for various large government and financial institutions in the negotiations of material IT outsourcing projects;
- acted as Canadian counsel to Intellicentrics for its Hong Kong IPO;
- acted for Cofomo in its purchase of Emerion; and
- acted for Rayonier in its financing of Anomera;
Playing an active role in the legal community Véronique is a regular speaker at industry events, namely on comparative law issues in commercial agreements. She is a member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada and sits on the board of directors and ex communication of Réseau Capital and on the management committee of the Université de Montréal L.R. Wilson Chair in Information Technologies and E-Commerce Law. She is also the firm’s representative for the Justicia project of the Québec Bar for the retention of women in private practice.
Véronique obtained her LLB in 1996 from the Université de Montréal and later pursued graduate studies with the Institute for Comparative Law at McGill University.