TJ Kang is a partner in our Vancouver office and specializing in Tax Law. He provides tax advice to both public and private enterprises relating to domestic and international planning, structuring of inbound and outbound investments, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and capital market transactions.
TJ has presented and written on taxation matters at various seminars and conferences and in various publications.
TJ is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia, the Law Society of Alberta, the Canadian Bar Association and the Canadian Tax Foundation.
His recent experience includes:
- General Electric acquisition of Bit Stew Systems Inc. for $205 million;
- Geo-Jade Petroleum Corporation’s $575 million acquisition of Bankers Petroleum Ltd. by way of plan of arrangement;
- Compañía Minera Milpo S.A.A. (Milpo)’s $250 million silver stream transaction on Cerro Lindo Mine with Triple Flag Mining Finance Ltd.;
- ActiveState Software Inc.’s disposition of its Stackato Business to Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company;
- Spectra Energy’s $24 billion LNG terminal/$8 billion pipeline joint venture with BG Group;
- Sunshine Oilsands Ltd.’s $580 million initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange;
- Spectra Energy’s $1.49 billion acquisition of the Express-Platte Pipeline System; and
- Enbridge Inc.’s $1.15 billion U.S. note offering.