Thomas Fung is an associate in our Business Law Group in Vancouver. Thomas’ practice focuses on advising public and private companies on domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and other corporate and commercial transactions. He represents clients in various industries, including technology, cannabis, life sciences, financial services and mining, and regularly advises Canadian and cross-border issuers on general securities law matters, including continuous disclosure obligations and other regulatory compliance issues.
Thomas’ representative transactions include advising:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc. in connection with its US$7.3 billion cash and share acquisition of NYSE-listed IAA, Inc.
- Newcrest Mining Limited in connection with its C$3.5 billion cash and share acquisition of TSX/NYSE-listed Pretium Resources Inc.
- Kruger Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Domtar Corporation’s pulp mill in Kamloops, British Columbia
- SSR Mining Inc. in connection with its C$2.4 billion merger transaction with Alacer Gold Corp.
- Vision Ridge Partners in connection with its acquisition of the Vegpro International Inc.
- Kadant Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Vancouver-based Cogent Industrial Technologies Inc.
Financing and Investment Transactions
- Syndicate of TD Securities Inc., RBC Capital Markets and CIBC World Markets Inc. in connection with Central 1 Credit Union’s various offerings on an exempt security basis of senior notes
- Syndicate of underwriters in connection with various underwritten public offerings by Zymeworks Inc. of its common shares and pre-funded warrants
- Taseko Mines Limited in connection with various transactions including its US$400 million senior secured notes and its US$50 million super-senior revolving credit facility with National Bank of Canada
- Hg Capital in connection with its US$448 million recapitalization of Intelerad Holdings Inc.
- First West Credit Union in connection with its offering on an exempt security basis of senior notes
- International Tower Hill Mines Ltd. in connection with its US$10.3 million at-the-market offering of common shares
- CAI Capital Partners in connection with its investment in RebalanceMD Canada Ltd.
- Genesis Advanced Technology Inc. in connection with a strategic and controlling investment in its subsidiary, Genesis Robotics, by Koch Chemicals Technology Group
Thomas obtained his Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Immunology from the University of British Columbia in 2014, his Master of Public Health from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2015 and his Juris Doctor from the University of British Columbia in 2018.
Thomas was called to the bar in British Columbia in 2019. He is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia and the Canadian Bar Association.