A business law expert, Ted’s extensive experience and strong skill set make him a go-to advisor for handling mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and other complex business transactions.
Ted Koffman* is a partner in our Business Law Group in Vancouver and is a member for our firm’s Technology Group.
Considered a leading lawyer in his field, Ted’s practice focuses extensively on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, outsourcings, the formation and financing of business ventures and corporate reorganizations. He has extensive experience in cross-border transactions and an outstanding record of delivering results for his clients.
Some examples of Ted’s work includes:
- CAI Capital Partners in its investment in Rebalance Canada Ltd.;
- NorLand Group of Companies and related entities as its outside counsel, including in mergers and acquisitions;
- Pharmasave Drugs (National) as its outside counsel;
- Hothead Games as its outside counsel;
- Blackberry in its acquisition of a number of companies, including various U.S. based companies;
- General Electric in its acquisition of Wurldtech;
- CA Technologies in its acquisition of Layer 7 Technologies;
- Partnerpedia Solutions in various financings and its sale to BMC Software;
- Watts Water Technologies in its acquisition of Tekmar Control Systems;
- Andersen Group of Companies in various forestry related businesses, acquisitions and matters;
- Boart Longyear in its acquisition of various companies in North America and South America;
- Sprott Shaw Community College as its outside counsel and in its sale to CIBT Education Group; and
- numerous other technology companies, venture capitalists and investors in numerous M&A transactions and equity and debt financings.
Ted has lectured at various programs and conferences on the legal aspects of buying and selling businesses, outsourcing agreements, and the formation of business ventures. He is a member of the Dean’s Advisory Committee for the Centre for Business Law at the Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia.
Ted received his BA from the University of British Columbia in 1983 and an LLB from the University of Toronto in 1986. He joined the firm in 1986 and was called to the British Columbia bar in 1987.
*denotes Law Corporation
Leading Lawyer: Corporate/Commercial - British Columbia
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Corporate Mid-Market
Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A
Lexpert Special Edition: Technology and Health Sciences
The Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading Lawyer in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions