Stefan Mirkovic is an associate in the firm's Business Law Group in Toronto. He maintains an active financial services practice focusing on banking and finance transactions. Stefan advises Canadian and international banks, financial institutions, non-bank lenders, private equity firms and other corporate borrowers on all aspects of corporate lending, including bilateral and syndicated financings, senior and mezzanine loans, asset-based loans, acquisition financings, restructurings and multi-jurisdictional and cross-border transactions.
Stefan's most recent mandates include:
- Advising The Bank of Nova Scotia, as administrative agent for a syndicate of lenders, with senior credit facilities to affiliate entities of FGF Brands Inc., in part to finance the acquisition of Weston Foods fresh and frozen bakery business;
- Advising Royal Bank of Canada dba RBC Capital Partners, with a mezzanine credit facility to affiliate entities of TZP Group to finance the acquisition of Saxx Underwear Co. Ltd.;
- Advising Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, as administrative agent for a syndicate of lenders, with respect to a senior $200 million revolving credit facility refinancing for RF Capital Group Inc.;
- Advising Credit Suisse AG, Cayman Islands Branch, as administrative agent for a syndicate of lenders, with respect to credit facilities to affiliates of GI Partners to finance the acquisition of ORBCOMM Inc.;
- Advising Chesswood Group Limited with respect to the amendment and restatement of their $300 million corporate revolver credit facility with a syndicate of senior lenders co-led by Royal Bank of Canada and The-Toronto Dominion Bank;
- Advising Ronin Equity Partners with respect to their acquisition financing of DK2, Snow Bear and Currahee Trailers led by Royal Bank of Canada, as administrative agent for a syndicate of lenders; and
- Advising a syndicate of lenders with respect to U.S.$200 million hybrid capital call/subscription and net asset value based credit facilities.
Stefan received his JD from the Faculty of Law at the University of Calgary and is a member of the Law Society of Ontario and the Law Society of Alberta.